Author Topic: One Album Listed as 2 or more  (Read 1504 times)

wmiked

Just installed Musicbee on new machine and on displaying 'Albums' some album icons are displaying more than once.  The obvious difference is in the artist name displayed below the album icon.  The 'extra' album(s) show the following lbum Artist (my italics).  The only place I can think of where this might have come from is in the particular track File Properties> Details.  
I do not understand how.

Any ideas on why this has happened and more importantly how to correct it such that only one album is displayed?

SuperDuperUser

To make sure I understand correctly, it literally says "Album Artist" under the album cover? Or does it say some artist's name?

wealstarr

To make sure I understand correctly, it literally says "Album Artist" under the album cover? Or does it say some artist's name?

I didn't quite understood but yeah my guess would be that some tracks on same albums are missing "Album Artist" tag. The ones that have album Artist tag are displayed as another album and the ones which are missing are displayed as another.

Hit File->Tools->Tagging Tools ->Other "Files to Edit" Filters->Show Albums With Inconsistent Tags

Slelect multiple files at once and recitify the tags accordingly.

redwing

The corrupted tag is TXXX/ALBUM ARTIST
(you can using the tag inspector which is opened from the tag editor)
Thats not a tag that MB writes to but can read from - MB uses TPE2 for saving album artist

This is a known bug with Windows Explorer and WMP when they write to the ID3 tag of an MP3 file. All ID3 TXXX frames existing in the file get corrupted this way. This bug has been present since Windows 7 and continues to be present in current versions of Windows 10.

I've already filed bug reports in Microsoft forums (here and here) and also more recently in the Windows 10 Feedback Hub ("Windows Explorer and Windows Media Player corrupt ID3 TXXX frames"). Unfortunately without much success so far...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

wmiked

Thanks for the answers guys. Editing the tags corrected the problem and now I have one album displayed instead of the multiples :)