Author Topic: MusicBee creating duplicates with DESKTOP[letters/numbers]  (Read 1673 times)

splatt

As far as I can tell this has only been happening since I started using MusicBee. I am finding duplicates of random music files in my folders with the exact same title with -DESKTOP [letters/numbers] after it. However these duplicates do not show up in MusicBee itself. (the link is an attempt to share pictures showing what I'm talking about). Obviously this is just extra space that I don't want to keep having to clean up. Any ideas?

Steven

• Administrator

splatt

phred

• Global Moderator
Not even if you attempt to use MusicBee to sync a music device?
I've been using MB since 2009, and sync to many different devices. I have never seen anything like that.

What version of MB are you using? And where did you download it from?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

captain_paranoia

the link is an attempt to share pictures showing what I'm talking about

What is that an image of? It doesn't look like File Explorer.

Is it some media player tool? e.g. a DLNA media player? It could be showing aggregated DLNA media libraries; do you have a number of DLNA media servers on your system?

splatt

Not even if you attempt to use MusicBee to sync a music device?
I've been using MB since 2009, and sync to many different devices. I have never seen anything like that.

What version of MB are you using? And where did you download it from?

Good to know, thank you. It is possible that it's another program doing it since I can't determine what program is doing it, but it does seem to only be happening to my music files.

It's version 3.1.6585 and I believe I downloaded it from the official site - I downloaded it some months ago and don't remember exactly.

splatt

the link is an attempt to share pictures showing what I'm talking about

What is that an image of? It doesn't look like File Explorer.

Is it some media player tool? e.g. a DLNA media player? It could be showing aggregated DLNA media libraries; do you have a number of DLNA media servers on your system?

It is indeed file explorer on a windows 10, just cut to only show the files not the entire folder.
I do use microsoft's OneDrive to store my music library for ease of updating multiple devices if that's what you mean?

redwing

I think I saw some bug reports OneDrive does that in MS support sites.

theta_wave

I think I saw some bug reports OneDrive does that in MS support sites.
I see something similar with Dropbox when Dropbox tries to write a file but cannot since it is already opened elsewhere, so it saves the file with the computer's name (often DESKTOP-blahblah-conflicted) appended to the filename.