Author Topic: last version 3.1.6585 and metadata issue anybody?  (Read 1575 times)

gaiastar

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 221
hi
i have update my portable version from 3.1.6512 to 6585 using
Quote
the full download, including updates to skins and localisations
link http://www.mediafire.com/file/84ng37dsjvo15fe/MusicBeePortable_3_1_Update2.zip

and i had problem with metadata , i haven't change files tags but with the new version many albums tags are gone

for example look before the update , hope the screenshots are not too big

i reverted back to the prev version

did somebody suffer of the same weird audio issue?

before

after


thanks

ps are there the rule of the forum? i 'm used to get lost in the forum , i search for them without luck ,seeing i don't want to be banned for 1 week just because i opened topics. in the past it did happen to me and i was very sorry and scarry to ask something in this forum
Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 05:53:52 PM by gaiastar
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

wealstarr

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 129
I just updated to 3.2 and thus far I have no such problems so I'm guessing whatever is wrong is probably at your end.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34351
when you updated to v3.2, did you replace the existing musicbee.exe or did you set up a new folder for v3.2?
if you set up a new folder, and referenced the old library then you will run into this sort of issue ie. you should replace musicbee.exe from the v3.1 folder or alternatively set up a new library for the v3.2 portable folder

gaiastar

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 221
when you updated to v3.2, did you replace the existing musicbee.exe or did you set up a new folder for v3.2?
if you set up a new folder, and referenced the old library then you will run into this sort of issue ie. you should replace musicbee.exe from the v3.1 folder or alternatively set up a new library for the v3.2 portable folder
hi
i have download all the portable zip file 12.802kb  ,and i update in the right folder overwriting all the files
i have tried to create a new portable version in another partition , import the audio files in this case , and they have no tags
weird because it happens with not all my music files
for example the new update does not read my audioslave albums but read correctly my radiohead album
it's very weird , mp3tag read them ,foobar too
i can post a screenshot of a new clean installation ,with my audioslave album tags missing
it's weird i know
these are screenshot of a new clean install , i have imported only 4 subfolders

and how you can see many songs have an exclamation point




thanks Steven
Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:33:11 PM by gaiastar
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34351

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34351

alec.tron

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 752
Just to mention - I saw some odd things with metadata and 3.2 yesterday as well, but I have had no time to look into it.
Essentially I was using boroda's ASR tools to inject a string to title & album among a selection of files, but apart from the string ending up in the selected files, the same string also appeared to have been added to multiple files I had not selected.... which was rather bizarre. I'll try to go on a goose chase on that and see if I can replicate the behaviour the next days.

And re this - since no one commented:
ps are there the rule of the forum? i 'm used to get lost in the forum , i search for them without luck ,seeing i don't want to be banned for 1 week just because i opened topics. in the past it did happen to me and i was very sorry and scarry to ask something in this forum
No worries! The usual netiquette I'd say, but it's a friendly bunch of people around here, so no need to be worried or scared.... as long as you're friendly & respectful all is golden I'd think ;)


Churs.
c.

gaiastar

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 221
Hi
just a update

the problem for me started upgrading from 3.1.6512 to 3.1.6585 or using a fresh install of 3.1.6585
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

i have downloaded the patchthe 3.2 and the problem disapears , now it works

i have download the link above and overwrite musicbee   3.1.6512 with  3.2.6588 , and now musicbee read all my tags

so my problem is realated to the last official version http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫