Author Topic: Adjustable Mouse Wheel Scroll Speed  (Read 12278 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Using 3.4.7586, I have noticed an improvement in most panels by selecting slower scrolling in the settings, but I also still think it's very fast. Usable, but just barely. Some panels like "album covers" seem to be unchanged and are still pretty much unusably fast on my touchpad.

Thanks for the great software though!
for the next v3.4 update i have slowed the mouse wheel (when the option is enabled) some more. Also I realise now it wasnt implemented for the album covers view so thats done for the next update.
What other places did you notice its still too fast?

literaldehyde

Using 3.4.7586, I have noticed an improvement in most panels by selecting slower scrolling in the settings, but I also still think it's very fast. Usable, but just barely. Some panels like "album covers" seem to be unchanged and are still pretty much unusably fast on my touchpad.

Thanks for the great software though!
for the next v3.4 update i have slowed the mouse wheel (when the option is enabled) some more. Also I realise now it wasnt implemented for the album covers view so thats done for the next update.
What other places did you notice its still too fast?

Neat thanks! I just checked now and the only other place it seems too fast is the artists view (middle panel).

Steven

• Administrator
I just checked now and the only other place it seems too fast is the artists view (middle panel).
Are you saying that using the latest patch version 3.4.7620 ?

Galileji

Thank you so much Steven, with this small improvement, for me the software went from "somewhat usable" to "perfectly usable" :)

T010

I prefer the slower speed for regular scrolling but could use the faster speed at certain occasions. Could the Alt+scroll be made to inverse the selected scroll speed?

So if in preferences 'Normal' speed is selected, doing Alt+scroll will slow down the scrolling (MB already does so currently), and if 'Slower' is selected, doing Alt+scroll will speed up the scrolling (MB doesn't do so currently)

boroda

I prefer the slower speed for regular scrolling but could use the faster speed at certain occasions. Could the Alt+scroll be made to inverse the selected scroll speed?

So if in preferences 'Normal' speed is selected, doing Alt+scroll will slow down the scrolling (MB already does so currently), and if 'Slower' is selected, doing Alt+scroll will speed up the scrolling (MB doesn't do so currently)
+1

Coogan

Nice feature.  Works well.  :D
My MusicBee Version:

Eldosa

Here's where I find the solution combine with the new patch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/musicbee/comments/nluwzu/how_to_slow_down_the_scroll_speed_on_album_view/

There's is an option for "mouse wheel speed" in the General tab, you must choose 'Slower'.