+1 as well. And actually, I'd love options for tweaking the wheel scrolling for all the main UI panels.
It's already supported:
If you scroll the mouse wheel with alt key pressed, it slows down the scrolling speed so that you can fine tune the scrolling when you want to navigate to a specific row (supported from v3.1).
To be perfectly honest, that's quite far from a good solution. At least I haven't found myself using that at all. It's momentary in effect and awkard to use because it needs a second key to be held down while scrolling.
Additionally, its effect across different fields in the UI are inconsistent, but then again, so are the scrolling behaviors of the different UI fields in the first place:
- Left main panel list: single 'notch' of scrolling on the mouse wheel moves list by 9 lines - with alt pressed: 3
- Main panel (w/ album covers shown): 1 'notch' moves by exactly
1 line (top of 1st line always snaps to top of album covers - w/ alt pressed: non-snapping, smooth, but slooooooooooow
scrolling (to all intents and purposes useless ). I'd love an option for faster, non-snapping scrolling!
- track list panel at bottom of main panel: 1 'notch' moves list by 6 lines - w/ alt pressed: 2
- playing tracks list: 1 'notch' moves list by 3 lines - w/ alt pressed: 1
I'd be very happy to see an option for proper customization of mouse wheel scrolling. MusicBee already has options for tweaking pretty much every other aspect of the UI, so why leave the scroll wheel out of it, with the scrolling speeds varying between different UI segments to boot?
Now I get the idea behind different lists having different scroll speeds based on their probable length and visibility on the screen (e.g. the left panel list works fine with its default scroll speed of 9 lines per 'notch'), but having the possibility of tweaking these would most welcome.
Like, for example, have on the Panels Configuration options screen:
- option for simply using the OS mouse wheel scroll setting across MB
- option for using one global mouse wheel scrolling speed across MB
- options for setting different scrolling speeds for each of the UI panels
(- perhaps options to tweak effect of alt-scrolling as well?)