Author Topic: Sync issues with Pixel 2  (Read 2819 times)

Void

I have encountered issues with syncing to my pixel 2.

1) Pixel 2 is labeled "portable device", with no apparent way to change this. This makes distinguishing it from other devices a challenging.

2) I do not believe that any information other than play counts is being synced back from the Pixel to musicbee, most importantly rating information.

3) I also cannot get musicbee to register the deletion of songs on the phone and delete the matching file on the PC.

2 and 3 actually have me looking for an alternative solution, since without these features it is less a sync and more a mono-directional backup. While it does let me get my music onto the phone, it tuns collection management into a chore that has to be done outside the system using One Note or similar to record the changes you want to make.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Unfortunately, none of these things are really supported.  You're probably better off with another solution, for now.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Void

Can you recommend something? 99% of stuff I'm finding depends on itunes.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Maybe Media Monkey? Basically, unless you have an android player and a desktop player that are made to work together, which Media Monkey does, you're going to be out of luck on two-way syncing. It's been discussed elsewhere in the forum; basically, the technology is there to sync play counts and maybe other info with Android, but none of the existing players use it for some reason.

I'm hoping to work on a solution for MusicBee at some point, but it will probably be a while yet.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
....basically, the technology is there to sync play counts and maybe other info with Android, but none of the existing players use it for some reason.

I'm hoping to work on a solution for MusicBee at some point, but it will probably be a while yet.

Oooh! Bring it on  :D

Alumni

1) Pixel 2 is labeled "portable device", with no apparent way to change this. This makes distinguishing it from other devices a challenging.

I've been able to fix this by renaming the phone in Windows Explorer, after that MusicBee gives it a unique device profile.

phred

• Global Moderator
I've been able to fix this by renaming the phone in Windows Explorer, after that MusicBee gives it a unique device profile.
There are some Android devices that simply can not be renamed by any normal way. I remember having a Motorola Turbo that even using Windows Explorer refused to be renamed. It was 'portable device' for as long as I owned it. But there no problems syncing it with MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here