Author Topic: Converting wma to mp3  (Read 8592 times)

captain_paranoia

I opened the unzipped file dragged it to MusicBeesetup_3_1_Update1 folder

That is probably not the install location; most likely, that is a temporary folder created by the installer. Especially since it is empty...

Look in your Program Files folder for a MusicBee folder.

As franksz says, the patch is not an installer; it is a complete replacement MusicBee executable program. You apply the 'patch' by replacing the old executable with the new executable.

Bentley

I had a long writeup but my time evaporated and lost it.
So you thought just clicking on 3.2 exe would take care of everything? Maybe for other apps, but not for MB.

Let me put it this way. You're done installing 3.1. Then delete MusicBee.exe from the MB program folder. And copy or move the unzipped MusicBee.exe (3.2) to the folder. Make sure you now have only one MusicBee.exe in MB program folder which is the unzipped 3.2. Now run the 3.2 exe file. Let me know if it works.
Thanks, this explanition was pefect, it worked and the version is 3.2.6576 now. I have never run into doing this this way ever so I was totally lost to what was going on. I have always clicked the exe file and by magic it has removed, installed and whatever other tricks go on behing closed doors all on it's own. Again thanks all for helping, I guess there is still stuff to learn and I better write this down or wait for the official release of things.
It can be called case closed, thanks for hanging in there.

redwing

Sometimes the patch includes other files as well in addition to the exe file. Then replace existing files in MB program folder with those unzipped files just as you did it.

@Steven;

The 3.2 patch does look like an installer having only the exe file inside it. Consider adding some other files as well not to confuse new users.