Author Topic: How to sync just a playlist and not all your music to an android device  (Read 4620 times)

Rex Nelson

I am looking for some help to learn how to sync just one Musicbee playlist to my android phone (Huawei P9).

I have followed advice from the various posts here so far and found this helpful. Thanks all! However, even though I have ticked only the playlist I want to synchronise, every time I start the process Musicbee begins to synchronise everything instead. I have double-checked and saved my preferences for device synchronisation many times now to no effect (they are that the 'synchronise music' option is unticked and that the only ticked option is under 'synchronise playlists', 'selected playlists only' and the playlist I want to sync).

Is this a bug? I tried closing and reopening Musicbee several times to no effect. I don't know why it wants to sync all my music when I have selected only one playlist. I haven't seen any other users having this issue from other posts on this forum. Seems to be straight-forward for everyone else so I wonder what I am doing differently? I used to do the same process with iTunes and it worked no problem there. Do I need to reinstall the software? Any help is much appreciated!

phred

• Global Moderator
A screenshot of the Music tab in your device settings might be helpful.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

Always use "Synchronize" button rather than drag and drop files which often ignores settings with some devices.

Rex Nelson

I have made a .jpg image of my sync selection, sync settings and the actual synchronisation in progress (all from screen shots) but cannot paste it in here. The platform does not seem to allow it. I also tried the insert image link but it wants a URL, which the image does not have. I am new to this forum...is there another way of sharing these screen shots?

Thanks 'redwing' - I have been using the "Synchronise" button to sync (I didn't know you could drag and drop the files!). :)

redwing

Rex Nelson

Got that sorted. Here's a link to the jpg i made to show the snyc issue i have been having: https://imgur.com/a/l7Mbe

The first image shows the selection (note i have only selected the one playlist (Phonelist1). The second image shows the settings - maybe this is where i have made my mistake. The third image shows the syncing in progress - "processing 6 of 9388"...here's the problem as 'Phonelist1' only has about 30 songs on it as a tester so MusicBee shouldnt be trying the sync the lot.

Again, any help here would be very much appreciated. A solution would be even better!
Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:42:44 PM by Rex Nelson

phred

• Global Moderator
You have D:\Music selected under folders at the bottom of the 'selection' window (in your first screenshot) so MB is syncing everything in that folder.
Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:53:42 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Rex Nelson

Phred...you're a legend! Thats done it...well spotted! Thanks a million (and thanks to Redwing too)...that's me sorted

phred

• Global Moderator
You're quite welcome.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki