Author Topic: <random>  (Read 1841 times)

othizy

Hello,

I am new to musicBee but I really like it. I also know that I may be using only 5% of its full capacity - so bare with me if my request actually already exists! :-)

When I export part of my music on a USB key, I use the synch option with the USB key device and select the playlists I want to export. I would like to have the filename sorted randomly on the USB disc (my player just read alphabetically) so I would like to add a random number before each filename.

The way I would imagine it is a <random> field which creates a random number (maybe 000001 to 999999 for exmple) so I could for exemple use the filename export format like:
<Random>-<Title>-<Artist>

Does it already exist? Or another way to do it? Is this possible/easy to add as new feature?

Cordialement,
Olivier

boroda

its very easily for me to add this to tag tools plugin.

Babydoll32

Hi, othizy.
Don‘t be afraid. Musicbee is great and full of functions. Maybe somethings I‘ll never discover. But it has also a great, friendly and helpful community.
I had nearly same question. It‘s not so easy, clicking a checkbox. But you can random a playlist with wanted songs and then export. Take a look here, that works fine:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21940.msg128846#msg128846