Author Topic: Music Explorer/ Groove music replacement  (Read 5576 times)

Steven

• Administrator
With the groove music API passing away in a few days time, I was wondering whether anyone found the Music Explorer useful to see an artists' set of albums that you might not have and be able to listen to previews of the tracks?
It may be possible to implement something similar with one of the other streaming providers but i would like to see some interest before doing so.

frankz

I use the feature semi-frequently for its similar artists recommendations.

ProfessorMarvel

:) I definitely find that feature useful. A replacement would be super!

Tjoeker

I love that feature. So if you could, please replace it if it's necessary. :)

finch1000

I use this feature all of the time when friends and family are over and request songs that I don't have in my library.

zigzag10

It’s a shame that Microsoft has decided to close Groove music down, as it was based on an extensive catalogue of music.  Going forward, it would be great if you could contiune to use MB to preview tracks from alternative streaming services – perhaps iTunes or Google Play Music, as they also feature extensive catalogues.  Having said that, Bandcamp would go down well with me as well.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
YouTube might be a viable option as well. I would like to see this feature continue. I'd also like to add that there should probably be a volume control specifically for the previewed tracks, the existing volume level requires me to turn down my amp to prevent waking the dead due to how much louder they are than my RPG-tagged tracks.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Steven

• Administrator
I have implemented support for previews only from the iTunes Store - there isnt any way i know of to support streaming of the full tracks in MusicBee when you have an Apple Music subscription.

The functionality is integrated into the Music Explorer tab in exactly the same way as before with Groove eg. More Albums will list all albums from the iTunes Store, Profile will show the artists' recent albums and top tracks with the ability to show/listen to previews of all tracks/ albums.
One extra thing is you can now enter the artist name in the search box if you want to directly look up artists not in your library

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

phred

• Global Moderator
I have implemented support for previews only from the iTunes Store
Nicely done Steven. Never having used Groove, nor used MB's support for it, I'm finding this a very useful addition. Which will probably cost me money as I'm finding albums I don't currently have but want. Thanks!
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mike Treadwell

Thank you very much for the patched file - seems to work fine on my portable installation - just copied over the exe file.
Was in a flatspin this morning trying to figure out what was going on... until I ran across this article.

I'm assuming this patch will be a part of your next release?

Thanks for you effort.

Cheers

Steven

• Administrator

test-_-bot

I have implemented support for previews only from the iTunes Store - there isnt any way i know of to support streaming of the full tracks in MusicBee when you have an Apple Music subscription.

The functionality is integrated into the Music Explorer tab in exactly the same way as before with Groove eg. More Albums will list all albums from the iTunes Store, Profile will show the artists' recent albums and top tracks with the ability to show/listen to previews of all tracks/ albums.
One extra thing is you can now enter the artist name in the search box if you want to directly look up artists not in your library

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

Awesome man, thank you.  When my wife and kids are out of town to see grandpa, I love grabbing a bottle of wine and a couple of good cigars and kicking back to some high-volume music in my office.  The artist profiles makes excellent reading while an album is playing, and wikipedia was great, but your Profile api for data from iTunes is mo betta, as we also have access to some additional music.  The update was simple - I just copied and pasted the extracted files into the MB folder and overwrote the former files. 

Thank you for the truly excellent work you have done with MB.  Yours is the standout best-in-class, with lightening quick transitions from mouse clicks, consistent error-free operation and a good grasp of the thought process of us listeners as we seek to add tags, lyrics, artwork and do other things with our files.  Very good work.  Thank you.

jordel

Contrary to Apple & Spotify's restrictions, Deezer's API grants full song playback via the API.

That was very comfortable with the Groove Music PlugIn (RIP) back then - I would jump around if that was possible again with Deezer. For all I care, also with any other service (Napster apparently offers a comparably open API?) - it doesn't matter to me who gets my 10 bucks a month for music streaming. It would much rather matter that I can add the music to my existing MusicBee archive, as the integration of my MP3s into Spotify/Deezer is a mess.

It would be wonderful if that is somehow possible. Maybe you'd be interested in looking into the Deezer API (or some other comparable one).

Many thanks for everything.

Deezer API Guidelines
I'm sorry for several language mistakes. Please feel free to ask if you don't understand, what I am trying to say. I am always willing to improve my English skills :)