Author Topic: New songs are not added to library  (Read 1508 times)

giangtm90

Hi guys,

I just switched from iTunes to Musicbee recently, and immediately felt in love with the software. Yet I'm still a "newbee" and got so much to learn, so please do not laugh if this question is too elementary for you. I did tried to search online but wasn't successfully resolve the issue.

So I have notice that all the new songs that I drop into my "new songs" playlist are not automatically added to the library, and I have to manually drag the new songs and drop them to the Music panel, otherwise they won't show up in the main Music library. Is there anyway I can make this process automatically?

Thank you guys in advance, and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
...I have notice that all the new songs that I drop into my "new songs" playlist are not automatically added to the library, and I have to manually drag the new songs and drop them to the Music panel, otherwise they won't show up in the main Music library. Is there anyway I can make this process automatically?

Congratulations for dumping i-toons.
Have you tried looking on the MusicBee Wiki pages for assistance, here>> ??

I use;
MAIN MB MENU / FILE / ADD FILES TO LIBRARY
Browse to the location of the new tracks to be added.... 
Fred  ;)
Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:07:21 PM by Fred Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

giangtm90

Hi Fred Barker,

Thanks for your insights. Maybe I should be a little bit more specific so you'd understand my question.

I got the Add files to library part. I was able to import my library from iTunes and everything worked perfectly, not missing any songs or anything. I have a habit that when I download new songs, I would drop them to a "New music" playlist instead of the main music library, just to keep track of what songs I downloaded, and because I listen to the new stuff more often. Normally for iTunes, when I add a new song to a playlist, it will also be added to the main library, but I've noticed it's not the case for Musicbee. After I add new songs to the playlist and search for them in the Music panel, they won't show up until I manually drag these songs from the playlist to the music panel.

So I am just wondering if there is anyway to make Musicbee automatically update any songs that I add to the playlist to the main music library? I would hate to miss on any songs.

P/S: Musicbee is soo much better than iTunes in terms of audio quality and features. I cannot believe I just knew about it today.  >:(

redwing

That's correct. Adding a song to a playlist doesn't necessarily add it to the library. It's more of a feature allowing to add songs to playlists without having them imported to the library at the same time.

If you want to get new songs auto-added to the library, I'd recommend using folder monitoring with continuous monitoring setting in library settings, by configuring MB to keep watching a folder where your new files get added. Have a look at this guide: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22406.0

Then you can just use "Recently Added" auto-playlist for checking your new songs rather than manually dropping them to your playlist.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Musicbee is soo much better than iTunes in terms of audio quality and features. I cannot believe I just knew about it today.  >:(

I was a little 'late to the party' as far as MB, having tried and tested dozens of music media players after losing it with i-toons  :P
MB does have lots of options that can seem a bit daunting to a newbie, but so worth the effort....
Regards: Fred
Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:03:36 PM by Fred Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

frankz

For the purpose you describe, I'd recommend using the Inbox rather than a playlist.  

Or, just import your new files into the library and use the Recently Added auto-playlist - tuned to however many files you want to keep there and how recent you consider "Recent" to be - rather than a manual playlist.

When I first switched from MediaMonkey this summer I was very adamant about continuing to do things the way I had always done them and resisted letting MusicBee do its thing.  MusicBee is very good at doing its thing and, in the end, just letting it do what it does "the MusicBee Way" is much less of a hassle than trying to make it conform to the way other programs do things (after a tiny adjustment period).
Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:07:43 PM by frankz