Author Topic: Help identifying missing files  (Read 8638 times)

tstenz

No, "from" path is C:\Music\MusicBee, but the displayed path is C:\Music\MusicBee\iTunes\iTunes Media. I'm just saying that no matter what I enter as the source file path, \iTunes\iTunes Media\ is being added to it.

redwing

So what's the current path shown in the main panel? is it "C:\Music\MusicBee\iTunes\iTunes Media\"?

redwing

BTW "from" path has nothing to do with its current path shown in the main panel. It's just the portion of the path you want to replace with "target folder".

redwing

Then as I said try remapping music files from "C:\Music\MusicBee\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\" to "C:\Music\MusicBee\" to see what happens.

Just so we're clear, when I do that, the "from" and the "to" file paths in the Remap Music Folders window are identical.
But yeah, that doesn't change anything.

I also tested this and it's working fine for me.
It doesn't matter whether the current folder is a sub-folder of the target folder. I'm not sure how you're entering "from" path.

tstenz

I also tested this and it's working fine for me.
It doesn't matter whether the current folder is a sub-folder of the target folder. I'm not sure how you're entering "from" path.

I'm not saying the path isn't changing; the problem is that no matter what I change it to, the iTunes folders are being added to the path for each file (yes, in the main panel). Those folders don't exist and I have no idea where they're coming from, besides being where I initially imported the library from. That is the problem. If I can delete those from the file path, everything would be fine.

redwing

OK, let's do it step by step. What's the current path shown in the main panel?

tstenz

redwing

Can you enter "C:\Music\MusicBee\iTunes\iTunes Media\" to "from" path?

tstenz

I can, but that doesn't change any of the paths.

redwing

And can you enter "C:\Music\MusicBee\" to "to" path?

Confirm currently the dialog shows from "C:\Music\MusicBee\iTunes\iTunes Media\" to "C:\Music\MusicBee\" .

tstenz

Confirm currently the dialog shows from "C:\Music\MusicBee\iTunes\iTunes Media\" to "C:\Music\MusicBee\" .

No, it shows from "C:\Music\MusicBee" to "C:\Music\MusicBee".

redwing

tstenz

I've been constantly Updating based on your suggestions, and whatever I update it to becomes the "from" source.

redwing

What did I suggest? I suggested doing it step by step.

redwing

whatever I update it to becomes the "from" source.

Of course, that's how it's supposed to show AFTER changing the path.