Author Topic: Cue sheet with Chinese characters  (Read 2916 times)

vanhoivanbinh

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 23
I am switching to Musicbee from foobar
I have a lot albums including one cue sheets file and only one APE or FLAC file
The problem is the album showing well on FOOBAR2000
But when adding them to Musicbee, the Chinese character become corrupted ones
Each song will play well and show on the playlist well but the tags are all un-readable character

While same files, it can be seen well on Foobar2000

PLease anyone help to solve this problem as my album number is huges

I really love musicbee especially the way it handle the music organizer, very neat and well equipped with Last.fm

redwing

  • Guest
Not sure why it shows up correctly on foobar and not on MB.
Try creating a copy of one cue sheet file, open it with Notepad++, if it displays correctly, go to Encoding> Convert to UTF-8, and save it.
Now if you use that cue sheet, does MB show it correctly? 

vanhoivanbinh

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 23
Thank you,
The problem is still the same
I found that some album with cuesheet formated in UTF- 8 BOM showing correctly in MB
Other albums cuesheet even after using Notepad ++ converted to UTF-8 still cannot showing correctly

vanhoivanbinh

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 23
I just found that there are one cuesheet that when I open in Notepad++, the song names show correctly in Chinese
But in MB, it still showing unreadable character
how can it be like that? is there any thing related to Windows language set up??

vanhoivanbinh

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 23
Update: for the cuesheets that show correctly on Notepad++, I have to manually batch edit the cuesheet in MB then paste the one in Notepad++ to the edit cuesheet windows in MB, then update it. Then the file showing correctly after that.

redwing

  • Guest
If it's UTF, MB should show correctly. Sound like the cache issue. If you have converted the cue sheet, select the album, right click, run "Remove cuesheet", then make it read the cue sheet again.
Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:53:21 AM by redwing

redwing

  • Guest
Most of the time, select an album> right click> send to> file rescan reloads the cue sheet. But occasionally it fails. In that case use the "Remove cuesheet" command which was originally implemented to delete embedded cuesheet but it also works for clearing file cache for external cuesheet.