Author Topic: Auto-organise fake changes  (Read 3369 times)

cartman005

I think a change was recently made to the library auto-organise function because when I opened up my settings and clicked Organisation, I had a ton of files that did not match my rules that had to be re-organised. The changes mostly seemed to have to do with capitalization.

Now, every time I click on the Organise button, there are about 15 files that need to be re-named. Mostly the change is just adding an _1 to the end of the filename for seemingly no reason. When I click Proceed, it doesn't actually re-name any files and when I open the list again, there is a different list of files for the same change.

This is my naming template: <Album Artist>\$IsNull(<Album>,,<Album>\)$IsNull(<Disc-Track #>,<Title>,<Disc-Track #>" "<Title>)

redwing

Aren't they files with duplicate filename in the same folder? I think I also saw that before, and probably after I changed the template to give them a unique filename, it no longer happens.

Steven

• Administrator
the change made was to make letter casing relevant to the file naming ie. in older MB versions, "a" and "A" were considered equivalent.
I agree with redwing as to the likely issue

cartman005

Yes, I think the initial mass-update of my library was due to letter case changes.

But now, every time I open up the organize prompt, there are different files listed. I am checking the folders and there are no duplicates.

For example, I have Drake\Views\1-15 Pop Style.m4a being renamed to Drake\Views\1-15 Pop Style_1.m4a

If I do not click Proceed, and click Close, next time I click Organisation, there will be a different list of files to be renamed in a similar way.

If I click Proceed, and check the files that were supposed to be renamed, no changes were made.

redwing

Then try Tools> Advanced> Rescan All Files to see if that sorts it out.

cartman005

No luck after re-scanning all of my files. If no one else is having this, it's no big deal since it doesn't look like it is actually moving anything.

Steven

• Administrator
But now, every time I open up the organize prompt, there are different files listed. I am checking the folders and there are no duplicates.
can you reconfirm that - is a different random set of files each time you open the file organiser and its always saying it will rename those files to xxxx_1 ?
Also could you confirm you are using v3.2
Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:40:01 PM by Steven

cartman005

Yes. The files appear to always be a different set of around 5-20 files.

For most of them, only difference in the naming is a _1 at the end, before the extension. But for some of the new names, it looks like it is appending part of the title of a different song to the beginning of the filename.

Example: Dillon Francis\This Mixtape Is File\1-07 I Can't Take It [Party Favor Remix].mp3 to Dillon Francis\This Mixtape Is Fire\1-03 Between Me and You1-07 I Can't Take It [Party Favor Remix].mp3.
(Between Me and You is a Ja Rule song, in a completely different folder).

I am using version 3.2.6561.

Steven

• Administrator
in that case can you try this version where i have undo another change i made, although i dont know why it would matter

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

cartman005

Yes, I don't see the issue anymore with that new version.