Author Topic: BIG problem with playlists after moving music files to new directory  (Read 984 times)

sepiah37

hi,

i have a really big problem with my musicbee playlists.

my musicbee library crashed irreparable, so i had to build a new one. but i also moved my whole music collection to a new directory.

the problem: musicbee wont find the mp3s in my playlists any more - because they are in a new directory.

-> shouldn't be a big deal, just edit the filepaths in the .mbp files.
but when i tried to open the playlists and edit the mp3 filepaths manually, i had no luck with that. there are a lot of strange characters between the mp3 filepaths n++ seems not be able to read correctly.

in antoher thread i read that exporting .mbp playlists to .m3u playlists would help. becaise .m3u playlists could be edited in n++ easily.
-> but musicbee wont even list my playlists, and therefor i am not able to export them. is there a way to import .mbp to musicbee - or any other solution i can get my playlists working again?

please help
Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:36:35 PM by sepiah37

frankz

It depends on how you moved your collection.  If you just moved it DirectoryA to DirectoryB without changing anything else (sub directories or file names), you can go to File->Library->Remap Music Folders and Put the old directory under "map music files from" and the new directory under "to:" and that will do what you need.

If you totally rearranged your file structure, you're probably hosed.  Maybe someone knows some trick to editing those playlists.