Author Topic: Can't seem to remove Album Art....  (Read 17577 times)

Darksighed

Hi-

My apologies if this has already been covered: I searched but couldn't seem to find this exact problem.  I know this seems to be opposite of what everyone wants to do, but I don't CARE about Album Art and don't want it clinging to songs, or in my folders taking up memory or backup space or displaying anywhere, etc.  Not even the little semi-hidden Folder.jpgs, I just want it ALL gone, permanently.  There doesn't seem to be a 'remove ALL album art in my library' option (I guess almost no one would use/want it), so I'm doing my quite sizeable collection just one album at a time.  It goes pretty quickly, but there are some songs that just won't let me remove the art:

I'm generally in Album and Tracks view, where I right-click on the Artwork and choose Edit and the Multiple files window pops up.  But occasionally the Album Art just isn't showing in there, even under the Artwork tab, and doesn't (obviously) give me the option/button to delete......   This only happens with a very few songs, always the same ones.  For the vast majority of songs things are working just fine though, it either just deletes or gives me the 'delete folder.jpg?' question and I say yes and move on to the next.

Help?  :)

Darksighed

Okay, so I partially solved the problem.  When the multiple files window pops up, I click the Artwork tab and then UN-check and then RE-check the little checkbox BEHIND the blank square in the upper left, that reads: "drag artwork here or right-click to paste".  Then I click SAVE and, in most cases, the Artwork then goes away.

However, there is one album in particular where this doesn't work, AND there's no little checkbox behind the blank square, to un/re-check.  STRANGE.

And additionally, even with MusicBee showing (under Artwork view) that everything is blank, when I go to Windows Explorer (Win 7) and use Medium Icons view, many of the little halfopened folder albums there STILL show art.....

Any ideas?  :)

Thanks, all.

KetchupKid

I'm trying to do this too. Over 3000 tracks. I am going to try it in Media Monkey and if that doesn't work I am going search Google for a generic app that will do it in bulk. If I find anything, I'll report it here.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure MP3Tag can do this.  It's been years since I've used it so it may not but give it a try.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

KetchupKid

I use Goldwave to edit my mp3s - and I forgot about its batch processing. Dump as many files as you wish into its batch processor - choose "Information" and check the box that says "Remove all text and pictures". WORKS GREAT!!

Pingaware

Doing this in MB is literally just a case of selecting all files, then (assuming the artwork correctly shows as 'No artwork' as they all differ) tick the box by artwork and MB should clear all of them. Getting rid of non-linked images in folders can be more problematic as WMP has a nasty habit of creating poor quality artwork if you accidentally open it up unless you explicitly tell it not to. Steps for getting rid of those are here.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

KetchupKid

I did try that before I remembered my Goldwave batch processor/editor, but in MB it did not work. I tried it several times with just a few files - some with artwork, some without. It never removed any artwork. Only the file by file method would work.

Anyway, I am happy I remembered Goldwave. Thanks.