Author Topic: 3.1.6512: distortion when playing audio with much different samplerates via ASIO  (Read 11627 times)

bierdc

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
I just ran into a similar issue (if not the same as yours). After prodding around, I found the solution and I figured I'd share it in case it could help someone else:


Pick an affected song. Right click -> Edit -> Settings -> Volume adjustment -> make sure it is set to None (can be edited in batch).


I understand you're all talking about sample rates; but this would be an easy one to rule out. I didn't know MB had this feature, and definitely don't know how certain albums had this setting cranked to +100%. Regardless, this has solved all of the distortion issues I've come across so far.

Good luck.

tubescreamer

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 83
Maybe distortion was the wrong term. The "kind of distorted" sound that you get when playing back with the wrong sample rate.

As I stated in my 1st post clearly this happens when your music titles have a big jump in Sample Rate. i.e. 44.1 to 88.2.

It has nothing to do with distortion that you get when hitting the 0db mark.

Thanks, but you are solving other issues with your kind hint, that is not the case here.


sveakul

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2468
tubescreamer:  the bassasio.dll was updated in January 2018 to version 1.3.1.8 after several years;  you may want to give that a try here :  https://www.un4seen.com/stuff/bassasio.zip

Also, I assume you already have tried updating to the latest MusicBee 3.2 (you would still need to re-apply the newer bassasio.dll linked above afterwards).  After that, I'm out of suggestions.
Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 12:57:07 AM by sveakul

tubescreamer

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 83
Thanks for the pointer, will try the new ASIO DLL.

I am using 3.2.6699 with still the same problem.

lux1o

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 81
have the same situiation

jriver and foobar2k play well in asio

i like to use musicbee plaase update the program

i test differents settings in musicbee when i retourn to the initial configuration no distortion appears

very thanks

bitfidelity

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 32
I just bought an ADI-2 DAC and am encountering the same problem. It's a disaster when I switch to a track with a different sampling rate.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34351
I just bought an ADI-2 DAC and am encountering the same problem. It's a disaster when I switch to a track with a different sampling rate.
does this fix the issue?
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

tubescreamer

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 83
Hey Steven, very nice to hear that you are working on this !!

Sorry to say but I see no difference to the older version 3.3.6904, that I have running.
I made a copy of the old folder and compared both versions.

What works is the change from double (88.2/96) or quad speed (192 kHz) to 44.1, but that worked already in 3.3.6904.

What doesn't work is:
- from single speed (44.1) to double or quad speed or
- from double to quad speed

When changing i.e. from 44.1 to 192 kHz (quad speed), the RME driver and device show the correct speed 192 kHz, but the playback appears to be still at the old speed 44.1.

I crosschecked with Foobar 1.4.4b1 there I can change between 44.1 and double speed and between double and quad speed vice versa.

Windows 7 SP1
RME device ADI-2 Pro FS BE
Firmware: v90 (latest, 21.2.19)
RME MADIface driver: 0.9681 (latest, 25.2.19)
Sonnet Allegro Pro USB3 Card
Sonnet Allegro Pro (4xFL1100 chip), Fresco Logic driver version: FLUSB3.0-3.8.34556.0

HW chain: PC -> Sonnet Allegro Pro (USB3) -> RME UFX+ (clock master) -> AES -> ADI-2 Pro (clock slave)
Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:24:42 PM by tubescreamer

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34351

tubescreamer

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 83
Dear Steven,

I retried and even simplified my setup to use only the ADI-2 Pro FS BE via USB.
I turned off the UFX+ and thus didn't use AES, set clock properly to INT...
Also tried to use the USB2 port coming from Chipset (C612, Supermicro X10SRi-F).
Nothing helped on my side so far.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34351
Hi, this version wont solve the issue but logs some info into the error log

https://www.mediafire.com/file/tgmk3k1xco0d1ux/MusicBeeDebugAsio.zip/file
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

stop once you have started playing something with a problem samplerate and then send me the info at the end of the error log (help/ support/ view error log)

tubescreamer

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 83

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34351
After the test requested above, could you restart MB and play the track that played at the wrong sample rate again and also send those results
Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 05:59:05 PM by Steven

tubescreamer

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 83
Hi, this version wont solve the issue but logs some info into the error log

https://www.mediafire.com/file/tgmk3k1xco0d1ux/MusicBeeDebugAsio.zip/file
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

stop once you have started playing something with a problem samplerate and then send me the info at the end of the error log (help/ support/ view error log)

21.05.2019 19:45:18 - BASS_ASIO_ChannelSetRate(44100,14):True
21.05.2019 19:45:18 - BASS_ASIO_SetRate:True
21.05.2019 19:46:38 - BASS_ASIO_ChannelSetRate(96000,14):True
21.05.2019 19:46:38 - BASS_ASIO_SetRate:True