After some forum discussion about uploading screenshots and .zip music files I have chosen the option that seems most favorable for me: share a link on my google drive. One contributor said he would not want to share his personal details through such transfer, but so far I did not see any private information popup when someone clicks my following link - please inform me if I overlook a privacy issue:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16l0RrQrP8YNDdlamNALqD9N__ygiK7FG?usp=sharing
The link gives you access to 10 zipped tracks of opera Emilia di Liverpool and 4 screenshots with numbers referring to the comments later in this post.
As it seems quite an unusual and complicated issue, first see my initial post from July 5. A recap here:My customized fields PERFORMERS (and others) show greyed MIXED upon multiple selections - also if the content is NOT mixed, but exactly the same for all individual tracks.
I use the tab tag2 for customized fields for classical music.
Separate fields for vocalists, instrumentalists, choir, orchestra, conductor.
In the end I create (with ASR) a combination 'export' field PERFORMERS where all previous interpreters come together.
Since some time there is a strange error in those fields.
If I have (example) an opera with 25 tracks and I fill in ALL 25 track fields with the same info and then 'export' all of them to PERFORMERS, the performers field does NOT show the identical content for all interpreters, but says MIXED - which is incorrect because ALL are the same.
This happens with the individual fields as well (vocalists, instrumentalists etc).
That makes multiple checking/editing very complicated, because you can not SEE any details in the field. Must open 1 by 1, change, copy to the 24 other tracks if necessary 1 by 1.
I hope Pingaware who showed willingness to check my related tags with Tag Inspector can do what he planned to do, with the items in the google link and my related screen shot comments below:COMMENTS
COMMENTS SCREENSHOT 1
The screen shows a number of tracks by Gaetano Donizetti, to explain the problems I focused on soprano Yvonne Kenny
1. The opera has 40 tracks
2. But in the PERFORMERS BOX it shows that Yvonne Kenny has 360 occurrences. By a mysterious procedure the names of all performers have been repeated and listed 9x40 = 360 times.
It also shows that Yvonne Kenny is not separated from alto Anne Mason, because a colon : is used in stead of a separating semicolon ;
3. In the PERFORMERS column in the main panel you can see that as well. The first : is ok, Kenny's role Emilia is indicated there. But the : after Emilia, without a space before and after the : is an error. Originally this was a normal semicolon. In some cases it still IS, but often not.
4. The columns for VOCALS MAIN, VOCALS MORE, INSTRUMENTALS, CHOIR, ORCHESTRA, CONDUCTOR should contain the names of the individual artists. I typed them there and with ASR and PERFORMERS-virtual I created the 'export/merge field' PERFORMERS. It worked well for several years.
5. With the tag inspector I noticed that all these individual names are now (erroneously?) listed under an unknown label MEDIA TYPE TMED. See 7 below as well.
COMMENTS SCREENSHOT 2
6. is missing, my mistake, sorry
7. The tag inspector shows that the 'missing individual artists' are separately also displayed in an unknown field TEMPORARY TXXX/TEMPORARY. No clue how come, what it means, if I can still use this display to 'move' all names to the proper fields.
8. Another example of the 'combined artists. The : between Orchestra without spaces makes Orchestra-and-David-Parry ONE performer
9. And as before the individual names are NOT displayed in their Tags (2) fields. And that is the location where I typed or copy/pasted ALL those individual artists . Only the merged result is shown, under PERFORMERS.
10. The PERFORMERS-VIRTUAL column is empty because in 9 no names are entered. Normally any name entered in 9 will show up in 10 and then be displayed in the PERFORMERS column to the right of 10.
COMMENTS SCREENSHOT 3
11. A popup window showing that all names in PERFORMERS field have been multiplied/repeated 9x.
COMMENTS SCREENSHOT 4
In this screenshot I selected MULTIPLE tracks of the opera. This is the result:
12. This box shows that all individual entries are identical.
13. But this box sees them as MIXED - which is incorrect and inefficient. If I want to see the content, I need to select just ONE track, copy the content, go to another track, past the content in an empty box to compare it with the performers field. And so on. If I want to retype all individual artists in their respective VOCALS, INSTRUMENTALS, CHOIR etc boxes this is very time consuming. There must be an easier way if the PERFORMERS field shows the correct identical content.
Overall this idea came up into my mind:
Could the cause of the trouble be in one or more crashes, caused by local power blackouts?
Resulting in 'damaged' or confused tagging?
I have no idea...
Thanks, Pingaware, for your attention.
Other suggestions are welcome too.