Author Topic: MusicBee from Windows Store (Win 10 x64) -- installation directory?  (Read 2834 times)

tuneTune

Hi all!

I installed MusicBee via the Windows Store, because you know...automatic updates.

But now I want to install the LAME encoder, BUT I cannot locate the install directory.

It's not under either of the Program Files directories.

Please help.

Thanks!

tuneTune

Steven

• Administrator
the latest lame encoder is already included
if you want to install your own, install lame to any writeable folder and then in the Preferences/ File Converter panel, set the MP3 encoder path to the lame.exe you installed

Bigtuna00

Using 3.2.6761 from the Windows App Store I got a message saying that I need to install LAME so apparently it's not included?

Bigtuna00

To clarify I was in the settings for a portable device, under "on-the-fly conversion". When I enabled conversion I got the pop-up about LAME being required.

However in the Application Preferences I can see that LAME is already installed.

Steven

• Administrator
Yes there does appear to an issue with the store version so I will fix that. Try copying lame.exe to your windows documents folder and point the File Converters panel setting to the new location

Steven

• Administrator
Actually i think this is a general issue. Just visit the Preferences/ File Converters tab and as long as you save once then it should work.
I will make a change to address that