Author Topic: Changing ’ to ' on all my files at once?  (Read 1163 times)

simpjkee

Hi,

So I have a Fiio X1 and it does this weird thing where when I type an apostrophe like this ’ it automatically puts a space after the apostrophe on the player even though there is no space in musicbee or in the tag information. The only fix is to use an apostrophe like this '. They both look very similar, but they are different. When I use this apostrophe ' my Fiio X1 does not add the extra space. So I need to replace all my apostrophes like this ’ to apostrophes like this '. I tried to do a "search and replace" in musicbee and set it to search for this apostrophe ’ and replace it with this apostrophe ', but this search returned no results. Anyone know how to get musicbee to change the apostrophes all at once so I don't have to copy/paste the special apostrophe in all my song titles?

Thanks,
Josh

simpjkee

Okay, I figured out my issue with the search and replace. It fixed it, but it's still a bit cumbersome to do everytime I rip a new CD. When I used Exact Audio Copy there was an option to automatically replace character "A" with character "B". Then whenever I typed in ’, it would automatically replace it with '. Is there an option like that in musicbee so I don't have to keep doing the search and replace option all the time?

Thanks,
Josh

redwing

If you install Additional Tagging Tools plugin, you can make specific ASR (Advanced Search and Replace) presets auto-apply to files.

Two presets you could test:

Replace acute and grave accent to apostrophe
Replace Unicode punctuation to ASCII punctuation mark  

For the list of Unicode characters handled by the preset: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3833.msg121617#msg121617