Author Topic: Why doesn't Musicbee copy files into your My Music folder when you import them?  (Read 7350 times)

zippysguitar

So, I'm trying Musicbee for the first time, as I got sick of iTunes.

However, when I import songs into Musicbee it doesn't seem to copy the files into my My Music folder, which is where I have everything organised nicely.
Even when they are in the Musicbee library and I right click the songs and select "Send To > Folder (Copy) > Copy Files To Organised Folder" it still says the files are located from wherever I imported them from (e.g. desktop)

Am I missing something?

Cheers.

frankz

Edit->Preferences->New File Action: Automatically Sweep and Organize New Files.

Click the "Organization" button to tell MusicBee where to put them.

Without more information (the template you're using) there's no real way for anyone to know why your files don't appear to be being copied using Copy Files to Organized Folder." Are you clicking "Proceed"?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
As frankz is saying, MusicBee doesn't move any files unless you tell it to.  If you want them copied, the auto.organize features won't do it, they only move files.

One thing that might be causing a problem with copy to organized folder is that you have to make organization for each drive.  So if you're trying to copy.between one drive and another, make sure your template is applied to the source drive.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

zippysguitar

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. However, even with all those options ticked and the correct folder selected it still doesn't copy them to the my music folder.

redwing

As for your question in the subject "Why doesn't Musicbee copy files into your My Music folder when you import them?",
read this guide: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22406.0

Even when they are in the Musicbee library and I right click the songs and select "Send To > Folder (Copy) > Copy Files To Organised Folder" it still says the files are located from wherever I imported them from (e.g. desktop)

Are you talking about physical files when viewed from Windows Explorer or files displayed within MB?
I'd guess if you make a copy of existing files to a monitored folder, they may be moved to inbox node or get hidden as duplicates depending on your settings.

zippysguitar

Hi,

Yeah, I'd like Musicbee to copy the imported songs into my My Music folder, nicely organised. iTunes did this, and I'd be surprised if Musicbee doesn't.