Author Topic: Unable to initialise sound device (error=BASS_ERROR_DRIVER)  (Read 7006 times)

Oxb78

MusicBee v3.1.6512.37408 (Win10.0), 14 déc. 2017 17:51:

#=quNSXZemwORqHO5QqjC7ijhXVLfzpQsJwh1VUBeeWjw4=: Unable to initialise sound device (error=BASS_ERROR_DRIVER)
   à #=q_i_LrTKK7BwuATKOua8qmqutzCW6b15xw1dKCwcv_Zc=.#=q36MFYyP0JJ0gJ7U0phM70A==(#=qccM21pX5G5sd6tbVaj0MyKyngxtuC2v87b0lcla4rbY= #=qTLDI2SZOe2inY4_HCaMpHw==, String #=qZJixqmOCNOLB2KDiGj9Hb_3avtxDGPo9Gh6tOZdMNN8=, #=quUsQu7wW7Q8y0$dMYNdliw== #=qig0YJosWFsI_2yqlkXqrTKNjf3bx$xjwtnNQNP452GE=, Int32 #=qrK$OiSL_YnfcZhIkwj3NLA==, String #=qnkZ6LKFdJjQrAdRfUFhC$Q==, IntPtr #=qvoWXCntRJbbttJfWnERskA==)
   à #=qmZhwHJF$AlGFGV33nuDlwmVP4G9dMChTV_8ROnXyWzGrduk0XGGp3964ylGmgjU_.#=qDodk6x9AWvGRrHce$$oEKgpuSbf4sp_urJjTnJ8P1xo=()
   à #=qZJ30YCwuBFanakMMQNelUnMMaghJdejTh5mHfa96C0fHNtgdQmInxQJERThPFEuc.#=qfyBnp4O9lWfnRHNmuK1fjg==()

phred

• Global Moderator
Try white-listing bass.dll in your AV/Security software.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Oxb78

Hello,

Thank you for the tip, it runs.

I have excluded the complete directory in Avast. Sound is working now on my bluetooth speakers.

I just want to mention that, by excluding also the application in Avast, solves the second issue I had, start the application (outside the sandbox).

phred

• Global Moderator
Please report this to Avast via their forum. Steven has been fighting with them to get MB off their radar for quite some time and the more folks complain to Avast, the better chance there is that they will fix it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
I do wonder how sound output would be a security threat. And how setting the windows 8 compatibility flag defeats its very robust security guards. Definitely quality software from a responsive company that cares about its clients.

phred

• Global Moderator
I do wonder how sound output would be a security threat.
Maybe they want to be the arbiter of what we should listen to. In most countries, this would be called censorship.

But seriously, I, like you, think Avast just doesn't care enough to do anything about it. They've got their algorithms working and they don't have to do any more.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Symantec does the same. Playing hell with my music at work. I literally have to reinstall my portable installations .dll and .exe files before every time I launch MB. My IT dept has whitelisting locked down.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Steven

• Administrator
Symantec does the same. Playing hell with my music at work. I literally have to reinstall my portable installations .dll and .exe files before every time I launch MB. My IT dept has whitelisting locked down.
did you try submitting musicbee to Symantec for whitelisting?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!

did you try submitting musicbee to Symantec for whitelisting?

Yep.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

phred

• Global Moderator
NO OUTPUT!!!!
You'll be to be a lot more specific if you expect help getting this resolved.

What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Installer, Portable, Store)
Have you whitelisted MB in your AV software?
What are you audio player settings for output and device?
Have you updated your audio drivers?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

lacheesy101

Hi all,

Just wanting to share another fix as I have had the same error(s)  (ERROR=BASS_ERROR_DRIVER) and (ERROR=BASS_ERROR_ALREADY)

MB Version: 3.4 and 3.5

My issue was using a Bluetooth speaker to output, once it disconnected then had to manually select the device back to "Default" under the Windows settings - it was not an issue with MB player, none of the preference settings can fix. These are the settings I needed to ensure that were selected to rectify the error.