Author Topic: Main Screen layout  (Read 1772 times)

pmarmorris

I'm an old foggy and one of the things we old fogies do, sometimes, is resist change. I've been using MusicBee for quite a while and like the way the screen was laid out. With the latest iteration of MusicBee (3.1.6512), the screen is different, with the alphabet string which I have no use for in the way I use the program. I would like to restore the older appearance of the screen with the selection boxes (in my case, Genre, Artist, Album) across the top and the individual tracks below. Can someone tell me how to do that? The layout sections in setup appear quite comprehensive, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

TIA!

Peter Morris
Yucca Valley, CA

fabulario

Hi Peter.
The "selection boxes" is the column browser. You can activate it from the icon in the top bar (left of the search icon). Select the horizontal option. There's more information in the Wiki

For the individual tracks, in the main panel header you can select this view (tracks).

The alphabet string is the AZ jump bar. You can deactive it from the layout setup.

pmarmorris

Thanks for your response. Maybe part of being an old fogy is also some kind of blindness... I see the Configure Layout button, but when I click on it nothing appears called the column browser.  :-[ 

phred

• Global Moderator
From the configure layout window, click on arrange panels.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

pmarmorris

Wow... layers upon layers upon layers...... Finally figured it out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Peter