Author Topic: Improve the ‘Open in Web Browser’/’custom web links’ feature  (Read 2552 times)

zigzag10

I find the ‘Open in Web Browser’/’custom web links’ a very useful feature of MB.  I have two suggestions to make it even better:

1. Remove the restriction that this feature only works for the current playing track; and
2. Incorporate the feature into the ‘context menu’, so that when a user has right clicked a track 'Open in Web Browser' is listed as one of the ‘Search...’ options.

vzell

2. Incorporate the feature into the ‘context menu’, so that when a user has right clicked a track 'Open in Web Browser' is listed as one of the ‘Search...’ options.

+1

I like this idea, but please include all the custom weblinks as a separate submenu in the "Right-Click Menu"

harrists

+1

This would be, indeed, very very helpful!
Someone won't have to copy/paste all the time when he wants to find specific information about tracks.

Listing the custom web links under a submenu under the "Search.." option in the right click menu would be great for sure.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1

Would also be nice to include automatic handling for characters like '&'
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
MB already replaces "&" with "and" when opening in a web browser so can you explain what you mean?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MB already replaces "&" with "and" when opening in a web browser so can you explain what you mean?

I may just be out of date, sorry
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.2 update i have added right click/ Search/ Open In Web Browser/...

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:49:01 PM by Steven

sveakul

Works beautifully, thank you Steven for extending this feature to non-playing files.

sveakul

Additional coolness: also works on "History" entries for radio stations  8) !