Author Topic: Want to generate Musicbee library into my Synology NAS and store all there  (Read 5400 times)

prscustom

Hello,

I have Synology NAS and want to set up Musicbee library there and also store all my music files there.
I tried to change my library location in 'Preference' menu, but even though it shows my 'Synology' and sub-folders (such as 'Music', 'Photo', and 'Video') in my network. It cannot choose any of them. I believe I should let Musicbee know the access information to my NAS (ID and password) but I can't find such anywhere.
Could anybody help me?

Thanks!

stewlewis

I use Musicbee portable installation on the NAS too, and create a shortcut to it on my PCs.

Run Musicbee from the NAS, it's library and music files in the same place, you just don't want to have 2 PCs running it at the same time and accessing the same library.

tools44

could you please share how you are doing this?  is thru virtualization?  because as far as i know there is only a windows version of MB and you cannot install .exe files on a Synology....

Dryst

Notice that he wrote the portable version of MB.  A portable version does not require an installation at all.  Simply copy all files to the NAS network share and execute it from the Windows machine.

captain_paranoia

The original problem is almost certainly because they were accessing the DLNA server on the Synology, rather than the file server. That would explain why it only showed the three media folders.

tools44

Notice that he wrote the portable version of MB.  A portable version does not require an installation at all.  Simply copy all files to the NAS network share and execute it from the Windows machine.

Yes, I saw that.  I can do the same, but what is the advantage of running that over the full version which just points its music folder to the share on the Synology??

The reason I ask, I would love to figure out how to get MB running on the Syno so you can access it remotely and it can replace Audio Station, which is sort of garbage.  I'm guessing Docker-izing it might be the solution, assuming anyone has figured out a way to do that.