Author Topic: How to subscribe to podcasts  (Read 12350 times)

TomH1138

Hi,  all!

A friend of mine recommended MB to me yesterday, so I'm giving it a shot. It looks very promising!

In the past, I used iTunes and Zune to subscribe to podcasts. It's been a while since I've used either one, and that information isn't on this new computer, so I want to subscribe from scratch using MB.

However, when I open MB, it shows me the area where podcasts will go, but I don't see a button or menu for adding podcast subscriptions directly to MB.

After searching throughout the FAQ and the forums, I only found one old thread that said, "Right-click Podcasts > Podcast directory." I right-clicked the "Podcast" tab, but "directory" was not one of the options under there. The options include "Edit Tab Header," "Pin Tab," etc. Perhaps those instructions were for an older version?

I was going to just reply directly to that thread, but I got a forum notification saying that the thread was too old and I should start fresh.

So, does anyone know what I'm missing here, and what should I do to get podcasts downloading into MB?

I can provide screenshots if it will help to solve the question.

Thanks in advance!

frankz

You'll want to click into the Podcasts tab so that you're in the podcast library.  Then right click the area to the left (says "Unplayed Episodes" and "Recent Updates" as defaults here) and from there you can choose "Add Subscription Link," "Search Podcast Directory," or "Check for Updates."

TomH1138

Ah, there it is! That worked perfectly. I feel silly now.  ;D Thanks so much, Frank!