Author Topic: Is there a way to play music directly from a CD?  (Read 6384 times)

superwah

Is there a way to play music directly from an audio CD without having to rip it beforehand? I don't see an option for this anywhere. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
open the left sidebar and you will see a Computer node which has the cd drive as one of the sub-nodes (like windows explorer). You can play the CD from there

jtimothy

And...if you do not see that option on the left sidebar...or much of anything...go to View > Arrange Panels, and down at the lower right select Left Sidebar "Show." That should do the trick

sveakul

I always thought it a bid odd that MusicBee doesn't have a simple File/Open File (browse to) menu choice that just plays the selected file or CD from the MB interface, without having to add it to the library first or enter Computer node.  I realize this can be done via selecting MB in the "Open with" context menu of a file in Windows, but I mean with MusicBee already open.  I admit to being confused by this at first.

I'm still confused that MusicBee will add a file entry into the MusicBeeLibrary.mbl file for any file played as a one-off using Open With or file association regardless of it being entered into the Library or not.  Folks unfamilar with the Compress Library command can end up with thousands of "phantom" .mbl entries fast.