Author Topic: remember "saved" links to artwork even after rescan  (Read 2873 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I'll assume that this is a feature request and not a bug in the artwork handling  :)

If I specifically link album artwork to a file, I'd like MB to remember that "saved" link, even if I do "Rescan All Files" or "Rescan Artwork"

For example, with boxsets, I have the main box artwork in the folder with all the tracks.
With "Enable Image Rotation" on, I want the CD specific artwork to be included but I don't want the artwork from all the other CD's in the box set to display (tracks from CD1 are playing so only boxset and CD1 artwork not artwork from CD2, CD3, etc), so I turn off "include sub-folder" in my Artwork retrieval settings and put my individual CD artwork in sub-folders Disc1, Disc2, Disc3, etc.  Save the track specific artwork with the "link to the original picture file" option.

All works fine until I need to do a full rescan, then all the links to sub-folders are lost and I have to manually re-link all that artwork.

Not fun at all! :'(
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
i havent tested rescan artwork but i can believe that might loose the direct links to original files (although i am sure i considered that possibility when it was coded)
However send to/rescan file which i have tested doesnt remove any linkages in my testing. When you edit one of the music files in the Artwork Tab/ save to/ does is say "link to original picture file" or "link to an organised copy..."?

Bee-liever

When you edit one of the music files in the Artwork Tab/ save to/ does is say "link to original picture file" or "link to an organised copy..."?
"link to original picture file"

However send to/rescan file which i have tested doesnt remove any linkages in my testing.
Yep, send to/rescan file is fine.
It's Tools/Advanced/Rescan All Files that removes the links

Bee-liever

When you edit one of the music files in the Artwork Tab/ save to/ does is say "link to original picture file" or "link to an organised copy..."?
Actually, I have both scenarios.
For vinyl 45's releases my "copy to the same folder as the music file and name as:" script will automatically create a side A or side B sub-folder under "link to an organised copy..."

Steven

• Administrator
i just tested "Rescan All Files". Its using the same function as Send To/ Rescan Files. So in either case I am not seeing any way linked artwork would be un-linked.
I havent checked "Rescan Artwork" as yet

Bee-liever

Even if the artwork is in a sub-folder and "include sub-folders" is not checked in Album Artwork Retrieval Filter?

Steven

• Administrator
i was just going to edit my reply. There is some code to remove a link if the file no longer exists. So as you suggest, by not including sub-folders that will trigger MB to remove the link because it  incorrectly thinks the files doesnt exist

edit:
handling is done for that scenario is done the next v3.2 update
Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:44:08 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

woo-hoo! Thank you  :)

Steven

• Administrator
to clarify one thing - i am not planning to change "Rescan Artwork" which has the intention for the user to be able to reset the linkages according to the configured preferences.