Author Topic: MusicBee not recognizing albums with multiple artists  (Read 2446 times)

Anth1996

So, I recently updated MusicBee to it's latest version as of now (3.1.6512). Everything seemed to be working as usual but it looks like albums tagged with multiple artists using the ";" method do not show up under the artists that are associated with them despite the tags showing up under the list of artists.

For example I'll use this album which each of the tracks are tagged under "Keiichi Suzuki; Hirokazu Tanaka" The album shows up fine under the "all artists" sorting and the list of artists on the left separates them so it seems to read them as two separate artists:

However if you click on either of the artists from the list it results in the artist having no albums:

I'm not entirely sure what would be causing this since I've used this method before with the previous version and there were no problems. If anyone knows of anyway to fix this it would be greatly appreciated!

redwing

It would work if you use Artist instead of Sort Artist.

The issue was already reported but not addressed yet: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=23081.0

Anth1996

It would work if you use Artist instead of Sort Artist.

The issue was already reported but not addressed yet: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=23081.0

Hmm, I see. I tried doing that and it seemed to work. Although, that's going to be a problem for me since I use sort artist for organizing albums with variations on one artist's name. Is this something that's possibly going to be fixed later on?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I thought this was a big that got fixed, but I can't swear to it.  In any case, try the link in my sig.  It's not the very latest, but I think it's a newer version.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

I thought this was a big that got fixed, but I can't swear to it.

No, it's still happening.

Hmm, I see. I tried doing that and it seemed to work. Although, that's going to be a problem for me since I use sort artist for organizing albums with variations on one artist's name. Is this something that's possibly going to be fixed later on?

I don't know. It's up to how important Steven thinks this issue is. In my opinion it's not a major one.
For your purpose, you can use vertical column browser instead with Sort Artist field since you don't display artist picture, and it should work.

Anth1996

Ah, the column browser seems to do the trick! Thanks a lot for that!