Author Topic: Date Added tag reset for most of my library  (Read 316 times)

Jameson5506

I'm not sure how or when, but it might have happened when I updated recently. I'm not sure what version I was on before, but I'm on 3.5.8402 now. I don't think it's anything I did, because... well I haven't touched any metadata recently.

The Date Added tag turned blank for most of my Music. The songs where the tag remains are from before I switched to MB and were carried over from iTunes. When I first started using MB the Date Added tag would populate automatically, but then one day it just stopped. This wasn't a big deal since I add songs to my library in batches and could update the tag manually each time. I was very through about this and no song had a blank tag for Date Added.

But now since most of it's gone, I don't know what to do or if there's any way to recover. I have an old copy of my library on a different computer that is about 6 months old. I copied all my install files from that computer to my current one and made sure the file paths matched up. I've added music since then, but if I can fix 95% of my library I'll call that a win.

Alternatively if there's a way to copy the Date Modified tag to the Date Added tag, then I'll call that a win as well. This isn't a perfect fix since I'll often change songs after I've added them, but it's close enough. I could just start sorting by Date Modified going forward, but I would like to avoid this if possible.

The only other thing that I can think might have caused this is I that switched time zones this last week. So maybe that messed something up? But I really doubt it. I set the time zones manually on my computer, and switching back to the old one didn't fix it.

phred

• Global Moderator
Alternatively if there's a way to copy the Date Modified tag to the Date Added tag, then I'll call that a win as well. This isn't a perfect fix since I'll often change songs after I've added them, but it's close enough. I could just start sorting by Date Modified going forward, but I would like to avoid this if possible.
The Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin has an Advance Search & Replace module. Look for the preset "Example: Copy tag. Set Tag 1  to Date Modified (it's down near the end of the list and not alphabetical.) Then set Tag 2 to Date Added. Test it on a couple of tracks before you run everything through it. Also make use of the Preview button before going ahead.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here