Author Topic: Selecting a top-level folder in navigator does NOTHING  (Read 1122 times)

chhodgkins

This wasn't always the case, but now it is.
In the COMPUTER section of navigator in the left (where I can explore all the folders on my computer), if I click on a folder that has many sub-folders of music, but no actual music files, the main panel shows nothing. Even if I go to Manage Folders -> Include files from sub-folders, still nothing. This is driving me crazy, I basically can only view music in my Inbox.

Any hints?
thnx

redwing

If you want to browse non-music files, use a file manager or Windows Explorer.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
redwing, I.don't think that is what chhodgkins wants. They're saying that the "include files from sub folders" functionality is not working for them.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

chhodgkins

Yes, lemme restate:

Using the tree navigation on the left, I can navigate to the Computer node and find my main music folder. This music folder contains well-organised folders containing mp3s.

If I click on the main folder I get nothing in the main pane.
If I click on a folder with multiple folders containing mp3s I get nothing in the main pane.
If I click on a folder with only mp3s in it I see the contents in the main pane.

This seems awfully incorrect.
Is this how it works for you, too?

Right now the only way to view my library in entirety is to click Inbox. Even if I click on Music (at the very top of navigation pane on left) I get nothing in the main pane.

frankz

Have you added your music to the library from the inbox? The inbox is meant to be a temporary holding area for you to review items before adding them to your library. You then need to add them to the library.

redwing

Using the tree navigation on the left, I can navigate to the Computer node and find my main music folder. This music folder contains well-organised folders containing mp3s.

If I click on the main folder I get nothing in the main pane.
If I click on a folder with multiple folders containing mp3s I get nothing in the main pane.
If I click on a folder with only mp3s in it I see the contents in the main pane.

This seems awfully incorrect.

Most of the time it's working fine for me even with lots of large and various types of files.
But occasionally it can behave laggy or incorrectly especially when your storage device is busy doing something else hence scanning taking time, awakening from sleep mode in case of some external HDDs, or due to network connection issue with NAS. I noticed in such a case, you need to click on left side of a folder as sometimes clicking on right side of folder name displays nothing.
Try with an internal SSD (just for a test), there's no chance it would do such a thing.
Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:56:27 PM by redwing