Author Topic: Restore the original DATE ADDED sort order  (Read 663 times)

WimYogya

Hello,

Until a few months ago my DATE ADDED sort order in Track View was perfect: if selected the descending order (most recent on top) I saw indeed the most recently added track on top.

Now no more. Especially within one specific date the time is not chronological. Before it WAS - and I did not customize the sort order.

I addressed this issue in a side not of a plugin issue, now bring it up again in the main question board:

Quote from: WimYogya on 25-11-2017, 22:31:57

The result of a click on the column header DATE ADDED does not give the expected result. It is confusing and messy. If I add 4 cd's of the same opera album ONE BY ONE in the order 1-2-3-4 the DATE ADDED result downwards should be 4-3-2-1, but it is not. Can be 2-4-3-1 or 3-1-4-2 or anything. Looks as if the sort order feature looks at the DATE only, not (correctly) at the TIME.
    And one or more of the 4 cd's can even be displayed BELOW tracks that were added earlier in time...

Redwing gave me the following solution:

If you just click on the Date Added column header, that will still take care of sorting tracks within each album, also affected by your view settings. To sort solely by date added, create a custom sorting with that field and select that as sort by setting in Tracks view.

I tried to follow his instructions, but could not find any customization that restores the original (correctly chronological) sort order.
Any suggestion?
Thanks,
Wim
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia