Author Topic: Play list doesn't update automatically in Auto DJ  (Read 1320 times)

ultrarunner2018

I set up Auto DJ to play tracks using a filter. No tracks immediately appear in the play queue below. When I stop Auto DJ then press Preview, the list will fill up. Then I press Start and double click the first song and it begins playing.
But when the last displayed song had been played, and the next song is playing, the list does not update.
I would think that the list will always show the set number of upcoming tracks (I left this set to 5) but the list didn't update at all.

If I stop Auto DJ, then press Preview again, the list updates.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Ultrarunner

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

If it's the preview list in Auto-DJ you're looking at, it's not supposed to update.  It's just to give you an idea of what you'll get when you use those auto dj settings.  The Playing Tracks list should be updating automatically, so there's only a problem if that's not happening (if it just stops playing after the five preview tracks).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ultrarunner2018

Thanks for that info. So, there's no way of knowing what tracks are going to play next?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just look at your playing tracks list (right sidebar by default).  If you want to see more upcoming tracks, make the list size larger in auto dj.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ultrarunner2018

Just look at your playing tracks list (right sidebar by default).  If you want to see more upcoming tracks, make the list size larger in auto dj.
Wow! I can't believe I didn't think of that. I have the sidebar turned off because I needed all the space to see info like filename for my tracks while sorting through them. I'll turn it back on.

Thanks

Edit: Wow! I just clicked "Now Playing" and not only did it turn on the sidebar list, but it now shows the lyrics and the album art!

redwing

Also if you right click on playing tracks list, you can switch to upcoming tracks list mode that can be useful when playing shuffled.