Author Topic: [SOLVED] Screensaver doesn't start automatically  (Read 1880 times)

Incinerator

Howdy folks!

So, the 98-style Fall Creators Update has been dumped upon us and in the end I had to friggin reset my pc (reinstall windows with all apps). Apparently, there is now a store version of my fav player and indeed I went for it. But, unfortunately, the MB screensaver won't start automatically anymore. Did I miss something? Is there an option somewhere I could modify to make it work? Or is it just not a thing for the store version? The default screensavers work. Starting theater mode manually also works.

Thank you!
Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 10:56:49 PM by Incinerator

Steven

• Administrator
The store version does use a later .NET version, so there could be some issue related to that.
I suggest you just use the non-store version as i dont have any ideas why its happening or the time test the store version to solve this

Incinerator

Hey Steven! Thanks for the suggestion! Tried, at first it didn't work. But then I poked MB here and there and eventually I found where the settings are. And it works in either version.

So, to make the screensaver work in either the store or classic version of MusicBee, do:
1. Enter Theater Mode.
2. Move the mouse. On mousemove a panel shows up in the upper left corner. There's one gear icon in it. Click the icon.
3. Screen Saver -> Enable. Also, there you can set the time before it kicks in. Value is in seconds.

After that you can exit theater mode. Works like a charm.