Author Topic: Rearrange filesystem by Sort Album Artist?  (Read 2695 times)

josephzitt

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 99
This loooks like a failure: I get
FAIL @ "um>\<Disk-Track#> <Title>"
https://imgur.com/a/aGG6e

Another small annoying issue: when I Alt-Tab away from MusicBee to type in the error, the Template Editor window closes. I had to reopen it and do the Preview several times to write down the error here, since I also can't select the text.

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10678
Yeah, unfortunately those messages are rarely enlightening.  My best guess is that it's not recognizing one of the tags for some reason, but without being able to fiddle with it myself, it's hard to say.

What I would do at this juncture is start back with your original formula and change it one piece at a time, previewing at each stage to see where the error comes in. For instance, what happens if you just change Album Artist to Sort Album Artist, without introducing $IsNull into the equation. 
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

josephzitt

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 99
Ah! OK, I went through it bit by bit, and saw that the error kept happening right before
<Disk-Track#>
I removed it, and added what appeared to be the same thing from the list -- but it was
<Disc-Track#>
The "c" rather than the "k" was what was throwing it off.

redwing

  • Guest
@Steven;

It seems auto-organization dialog responds only when the first rule changes.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 33294
It seems auto-organization dialog responds only when the first rule changes.
i cannot reproduce any issues. Are you certain it wasnt some other rule that was matching

redwing

  • Guest
I have MB installed on C drive (also library) and have Music files folder on D drive.
I have from D to D rule as first, and from C to D as second rule.
If I make any changes to the first rule's template, the new filenames immediately show up.
But if I have C to D as first, D to D as second, making any changes to the second rule's template has no effect.
I just tried it one more time to confirm.

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10678
Ah! OK, I went through it bit by bit, and saw that the error kept happening right before
<Disk-Track#>
I removed it, and added what appeared to be the same thing from the list -- but it was
<Disc-Track#>
The "c" rather than the "k" was what was throwing it off.

Aha!  A tricky one.  Glad you found it.  :)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

josephzitt

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 99
This all worked quite well. Except...

I had the option selected to move the remaining non-music files. In doing the folder moves, MusicBee *copied* the non-music files but didn't move them. I'm not going though by hand and having to remove the folders that remain solely because there are redundant non-music files in them. It's hundreds if not thousands of folders, so I hope this can be fixed for the next person.

redwing

  • Guest
I just tried to reproduce this bug with a fresh installation with the latest 3.2 patch and noticed a very strange bug.

The auto-organization dialog doesn't list any track. But clicking or mouse highlighting over "drive" box or "folder" box sometimes makes the file list show up. If I reopen dialog, it's empty again. But if click on the empty dialog, the proceed button gets activated still with no files. Looks like some display bug.


Disregard the above. It was just a complicated template caused a delay in displaying new filename. With a simple template it's working fine.
Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 07:52:28 AM by redwing

redwing

  • Guest
I have MB installed on C drive (also library) and have Music files folder on D drive.
I have from D to D rule as first, and from C to D as second rule.
If I make any changes to the first rule's template, the new filenames immediately show up.
But if I have C to D as first, D to D as second, making any changes to the second rule's template has no effect.
I just tried it one more time to confirm.

But the bug is still there.