Author Topic: View all tracks  (Read 1060 times)

tangotonyb

I can view all the tracks in my library by selecting "Music" on the LHS with no search and no filters applied.

I can view my inbox by selecting "Inbox"

I can view tracks in my library and my Inbox using a Search

How can I view ALL the tracks in both my library AND my Inbox without using a Search?

I could add all the Inbox tracks to my library in a playlist, and then remove them again afterwards, but curious if there is a simpler way of doing this.

frankz

I don't think you can.

The purpose of the Inbox as I understand it is to sequester new tracks for review before adding them to the library. I don't think it's meant as a permanent categorization or to delineate different sections of a library.

Search works because that's a useful tool to review the inbox tracks side by side with library tracks to be able to copy tags, check for duplicates, etc.

Maybe adding the inbox tracks to the library but moving them to a different, temporary directory would serve the purpose you're trying to achieve with this?

redwing

Auto-playlist can do that. Tick library for music track source, then you can tick both library and inbox. You could also add other nodes like audiobooks and podcasts depending on your purpose.
One thing you should know is auto-playlist excludes banned tracks. So you need to add (with any) one more rule: Love is Banned.

frankz

redwing = genius.  Teaches me a new way to look at MusicBee things every day. Literally.

redwing

No, I just happened to use MB a bit longer than you. Every experienced user knows such things.