Author Topic: Sidebar tag editor  (Read 22458 times)

redwing

Thanks!

There are some issues:

- If you narrow down the panel's width, tag boxes won't get resized properly. You need to switch to another tab and return to fix it.
- Only comments tag name is placed below the box.
- Selected file often doesn't get highlighted properly and previously selected files sometimes keep highlighted. But this problem happens only to the main panel, and tag editor works properly following the mouse click.

While keep selecting different files, got this error:

10.0.16299.0 - 3.2.6546.39678 - System.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed
   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOneNative(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, UInt32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)
   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)
   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)
   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne()
   at #=zz1bOW8fN$OOJDPGH7b2OZJ8=.#=ze9WcWF2Pxh5B(#=zhtGjBQM= #=zqevShLWToPL4, #=zhtGjBQM= #=zSyj01F4=)
   at #=zXQqb7odTAudxSyVl2xvx3CHMkRXV.#=z4OEU02IUgS95.#=ze9WcWF2Pxh5B(#=z45q77ERGDloulb0K5TffLi8= #=zxb8gtQ0=)

Also sometimes getting this when selecting all tracks in an album (doesn't occur if tag editor is hidden):

10.0.16299.0 - 3.2.6546.39678 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=z0tuFSTyULJdpz94xUGzAbvg=.#=zJwbjRvg=(IList`1 #=zYGCzpxU=, Boolean #=zlFRl258=)
   at #=zXQqb7odTAudxSyVl2xvx3CHMkRXV.#=zPKO7tUH1ZmPq.#=zPNs2Jz1luh94(List`1 #=zoe4fNajZpA6o)
   at #=zXQqb7odTAudxSyVl2xvx3CHMkRXV.#=zPq6GRYuxOe5y(#=zf3qNkdeyNXNHkOFnWw9b6w8= #=z$M18sVA=)
   at #=zXQqb7odTAudxSyVl2xvx3CHMkRXV.#=z$p3mzkkxF79b.#=zX7XTRxJWCSzN(#=zJpa3DG51Qazrgxjrn$sHrK9PblO9 #=zMzllAvw=)
   at #=z95p7uM0pcdqBjDLTN9qQmtE=.#=zinHwmLpHYalb.#=zvGbcD6X29L$PsPVm_A==(#=zFk0kzho= #=zCNPZdUKGHbQV)
   at #=z95p7uM0pcdqBjDLTN9qQmtE=.#=zinHwmLpHYalb.#=zYtZQENlrtkUC(MouseEventArgs #=zMzllAvw=)
   at #=zLAPQ0oYLyAYV$uaaWbmTq6U=.#=zhGc9Ag9Xe056.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs #=zMzllAvw=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=z32ZmBVX2he_m_6l1jO8OFcY=.WndProc(Message& #=zmJ0me8Y=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

A few wishes:
- Can you support lyrics (to confirm what's shown in the lyrics panel is saved to file) and location (to edit filename) field?
- A hotkey to show and hide it.
- Disc# and Track# could be shown on the same row if the width allows
- How about naming it "Vertical Tag Editor" to differentiate from other types of tag editors? (also I noticed it's still possible to open other types of tag editors at the same time)
Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 06:16:45 AM by redwing

redwing

One more feature request:

I noticed each custom layout remembers what tags are selected for the vertical tag editor.
This is a great feature, but the problem is there's no way to copy the tag set setting from an existing layout without overwriting other layout settings. Then the user has to configure it manually for each custom layout.
How about supporting "Tag Set" feature for the tag editor just like Additional Tagging Tools plugin's copy/paste selected tags function? Basically it allows users to create a custom tag set and name it:

Then each custom layout could remember the tag set setting instead of remembering every selected tags, which would allow the user to change tag set more easily.

Steven

• Administrator
Also sometimes getting this when selecting all tracks in an album (doesn't occur if tag editor is hidden):
what layout were you using and do you have any grouping/sub-grouping active?

While keep selecting different files, got this error:
the first error looks completely unrelated and infact is quite bizzarre. If you find it happening again please let me know
Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 06:30:34 PM by Steven

redwing

Album & Tracks layout grouped by album artist and sub-grouped by sub-header virtual tag:

$IsNull(<Keywords>,$IsNull(<Disc#>,,"Disc "<Disc#>),<Keywords>)

Steven

• Administrator
Album & Tracks layout grouped by album artist and sub-grouped by sub-header virtual tag:
can you confirm it happens with files with embedded or external cue sheets only. If so, that bug is fixed for the next update

redwing

I think you're right. Happens only with files with external cue sheet (having no files with embedded cue sheet).

redwing

- Selected file often doesn't get highlighted properly and previously selected files sometimes keep highlighted. But this problem happens only to the main panel, and tag editor works properly following the mouse click.

This bug might be related to a custom layout settings. I PMed you the layout where I can always reproduce the bug, again in Album & Tracks view with the same grouping settings. And this has nothing to do with files with cue sheet.

Steven

• Administrator
i am not able to reproduce this issue using your layout settings but perhaps i am not doing what you are. Are you selecting by clicking album pictures or a specific track?

redwing

Just a random track either in the same album or in other albums.
Also I noticed if a track is playing, it tends to working more accurately. When it stops, the highlight is getting incorrect again.

Steven

• Administrator
still cant reproduce this. So is it just the highlight in the main panel thats not updating ie. does the tag edit panel itself update to reflect the new selected track

Also could you send me your full settings file

redwing

PMed it.
Yes, tag editor is always working properly. But I can reproduce the bug in the main panel of Classical tab about in 20 clicks.

Steven

• Administrator
when it does happen, if you minimise and then restore MB does the highlight correctly show?