Author Topic: Sidebar tag editor  (Read 22747 times)

Steven

• Administrator
- Disc# and Track# could be shown on the same row if the width allows

it could be expanded to other fields as well like year and original year.
thats done for the next update for year/orig year and disc/track no

If a field has mixed values when you select multiple files, vertical tag editor cannot clear the field. Tried with genre, grouping, comments tag. It clears it only when the field has the same value for all selected files.
thats fixed for the next update
Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:03:36 PM by Steven

redwing

Can you also look at disc count field?
If you edit the value for this field and save, it does not save it. The value has to be highlighted before you save to make the value changed.

Steven

• Administrator
Can you also look at disc count field?
If you edit the value for this field and save, it does not save it. The value has to be highlighted before you save to make the value changed.
I am not having any issues with that. Perhaps see if it still happens when the next update is available

edit:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:51:52 PM by Steven

redwing

It still has the issue. Can you try with FLAC files?

What I mean is when you tag 2 of 5 for disc# and disc count, if you tag 2 of 5, save, it doesn't save 5. If you tag 5 first 2 later, then it saves all. 

redwing

More info:

It's not about a specific field but a position. It's the second box of the following screenshot:

If I swap the position of track# and disc# each other, then track count gets the issue while disc count works fine.

It seems a skin element issue. I can't reproduce it with the default skin and DarkMetro series. But try with any other skins including mine to see if you can replicate the issue.

Steven

• Administrator
i tried using your dark fine-tuned skin and could not reproduce so would you mind sending me your settings file

Steven

• Administrator
I still cant reproduce and there is no obvious reason why the skin would matter.
Does it happen in the popup and in the main panel full tag editor?

redwing

No, other types of tag editor are working fine.

redwing

Would it be possible it doesn't recognize a value entered in that box due to a set/unset skin element attribute?

redwing

Found it. It's ScrollPanelMargin setting. If it's set with a value greater than 0, the issue occurs.

Steven

• Administrator
thanks for figuring that out. I will check it tomorrow. How are you saving the tags - with a hotkey? If so, are you tabbing out of the field before pressing the hotkey?

redwing

No, I'm just clicking on the save icon. Just make sure we're on the same page, I'm referring to when clicking on the save icon with a new value in the second box unhighlighted either as it was tagged as last item or as it's the only new value.

Steven

• Administrator