Author Topic: Edit Play Count  (Read 4319 times)

Stratofarm

Hey there,

i recently changed from Winamp to Musicbee and it was a great decision!
However there is one thing, i'd really like to do with Musicbee, I'd like to change the playing count.

I found this thread here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22131.msg130034
but it didn't really clear things up for me. Is it possible or not, and how would it be possible to just change the play count from 0 to 1.

It would be great for me to know what i listened to and what not, and it's not possible to export this old data from old Winamp Files (I think).

Any help is appreciated!

frankz

Right Click On File -> Select "Edit" -> Change the Play Count on the Properties tab.

Stratofarm

oh dude, so easy, thank you very much!

Stratofarm

thanks!

is it possible to click on properties when marking more than one file, or am i, again, just missing something?

frankz

Nope.  That's not possible.  You'll need the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin (and a lot of time to figure it out, which I still can't to my satisfaction) to edit the tag upwards in bulk.

But, if you ever want to reset a bunch of tracks to zero plays in bulk, that is under the Tools->Tagging Tools menu.  You can also import play stats from last.fm there if that suits your situation.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This isn't exactly what you're asking for, but it might help: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12987.0
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

To bulk update a tag, install Additional Tagging Tools plugin. Find "TOY: Set Tag" preset of Advanced Search & Replace feature. Select tracks and type a number to custom text box, with target tag set to play count.