Author Topic: Winamp "Classic Spectrum Analyzer" plugin with MusicBee  (Read 72302 times)

sveakul

BackgroundDraw=0 is black, 2 is solid - but how to set a RGB-value in here?
BackgroundDraw=20 20 20 doesn't work.
Is there a unknown variable like "BackgroundColour" (doesn't work too) or something similar?

By the way - which player do you use to get the option dialog running?

Hi KangNi, I ran into the same dilemma as you with trying to use "2" in BackgroundDraw--the only color it wants to use is black, which is the same as setting it to "0".  I don't have a solution at this time.  If you discover something, please post.

In order to invoke the GUI options dialog, as I said in the post showing the GUI:  "If you can install the plugin in Winamp or in XMPlay, you can right-click the viz window and get a context menu that allows you to select Properties."  I have both of those players for various reasons.  As I mentioned, it's a good way to adjust the profile in an easy-to-see-results way, and then copy the settings from that Current Settings.ini to the one in MusicBee.  Be aware that non-color settings, like Falloff, PeakSpeed, etc. will NOT be the equivalent of what works best in MusicBee, so do not copy those over.

Thanks for sharing your Latency value, "10" seems spot-on for responsiveness to the actual audio in MusicBee.

KangNi

Hi there :D

I've go it ! - The background color and everything else too  ;)

BackgroundDraw=2
[VolumeColours]
0=20 20 20         > that's where the solid background color is defined

combined with some awesome shadow effects, with the investigations of Sveakul and Stevens recently patch - voila ...

I call it "Red Flame"  8)

[Classic Analyzer]
Falloff=30
PeakChange=67
Bar Width=5
X-Spacing=1
Y-Spacing=1
BackgroundDraw=2
BarColourStyle=0
PeakColourStyle=2
Effect=7
Peak Effect=0
Bar Level=1
ReverseLeft=1
ReverseRight=0
Mono=0
FFTEqualize=1
FFTEnvelope=10
FFTScale=190

Greetings.
Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:18:18 PM by KangNi

KangNi

Just to give an impression of what settings this spectrum visualizer plug-in provides and how incredible deep they are:

I've used XMplay ...
http://support.xmplay.com/
... in combination with the following plug-in ...
http://www.nukular.ch/xmp-wavis_rev.5.zip
http://www.un4seen.com/forum/?topic=8807.msg60575#msg60575
... to be able to run Winamp visualization plug-ins.

I really would love to see getting this dialog working in MB  :(
By the way, now i need MB being able to run 2 visualization plug-ins simultaneously - currently I can't run milkdrop in parallel :-X

Greetings.
Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:42:22 AM by KangNi

sveakul

Hi there :D

I've go it ! - The background color and everything else too  ;)

BackgroundDraw=2
[VolumeColours]
0=20 20 20         > that's where the solid background color is defined

hey KangNi, great job on the spectrum settings, your "Red Flame" rocks!  Congrats on solving the background color mystery too, and thanks for posting the solution!  So, once BackgroundDraw=2 is specified, it's ONLY the first "0=(RGB value)" line under [VolumeColours] that needs to be changed to give the new background color, not the rest of the lines under it, correct?

Two other questions for you:  what was the "stock" profile you used for the Red Flame mod?  And, have you tried varying the FFTEnvelope and FFTScale settings, and what if any visible changes were noticed?

Yes it would be great if MusicBee supported the superb GUI, but I hope that someone will eventually write a native MusicBee plugin that supports the same functions.  Until then at least we've got Classic Spectrum Analyzer  :)

KangNi

Hi Sveakul,

hey KangNi, great job on the spectrum settings, your "Red Flame" rocks!  Congrats on solving the background color mystery too, and thanks for posting the solution!  So, once BackgroundDraw=2 is specified, it's ONLY the first "0=(RGB value)" line under [VolumeColours] that needs to be changed to give the new background color, not the rest of the lines under it, correct?

Yes, it's exactly like you was written above.

Two other questions for you:  what was the "stock" profile you used for the Red Flame mod?

"Blue Flame", but I've changed almost very value now  ;)

And, have you tried varying the FFTEnvelope and FFTScale settings, and what if any visible changes were noticed?

Maybe first it's good to understand what FFT (Fast Fourier transform) is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Fourier_transform
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnelle_Fourier-Transformation

I'll try to explain it in my own word so far I understand it:
FFTEnvelope specifies in how many sections (envelops) the frequency spectrum is splitted, or in other words, how large the splitted frequency bands are.
FFTScale is just a kind of amplification value. As lower it is as higher the bars.
I suggest to use values between 1.80 (180) and 2.00 (200).

However, I strongly would give the advice to anyone who want playing with the plugin-settings: get XMplay running e.g. and retrace the change and effect of every setting LIVE! That's how I got my settings.

Yes it would be great if MusicBee supported the superb GUI, but I hope that someone will eventually write a native MusicBee plugin that supports the same functions.  Until then at least we've got Classic Spectrum Analyzer  :)

Whether that or we could find the developper of that plugin and convince him to join the MusicBee comunity  :D
I think it would be a wast to redevelop the wheel again  ;)

Greetings
Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 02:43:15 PM by KangNi

sveakul

Thanks a lot for the FFTScale tip, that's just what I needed to complete my tweaking.  I had never tried changing that value real-time via XMPlay's interface to see the effect!  I limit to -.5db with a VST plugin for radio streams and wanted the spectrum bars to reach the top of the window when that peak is reached on my chosen volume level--funny how "cosmetic" we can get when given enough options!  ;D
Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 03:17:56 AM by sveakul

sveakul

For those who don't have access to the spectrum's GUI but want to manually adjust all the color RGB values in the profile.ini, this can be very useful in picking the numbers to use for the colors you want:

https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html

Although I wouldn't envy you the task!!  Good for choosing a background color though if you choose the BackgroundDraw=2 option (discussed in previous posts).

Terry Walker

love the feature and I can adjust it to its height that I want!

bsell1

Bit crowded but I got it to work! Thanks!! :D

You can lower the height of the vis window, making it a lot less crowded, if you update to MusicBee 3.2.6695 or greater;  Steven has added a header bar for bottom pane vis windows where you can drag the bar to any height you want  :)

Hello, where are you finding 3.2.6695?  The latest I see is 3.2.6693

sveakul

Hello, where are you finding 3.2.6695?  The latest I see is 3.2.6693

Hi bsell1 and welcome to the forums!  The latest versions of 3.2 are available as patches, updated almost daily, at the link here:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

I am currently running 3.2.6712.  Extract the entire contents of the patch zip to your MusicBee folder, overwriting existing files.

Then, grab the spectrum from the link in this thread's first post and let us know what settings and theme work best for you! 8)

Edit:  link updated 07-30-2018
Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:25:02 AM by sveakul

Glamrlama

New to MusicBee.  This is my first post and would like to give this one a bump.  Came looking for visualizer info and classic_spectrum_visualizer was always my favourite.  Happy to see it runs under MB on Win10. (The plugin is buggy at times but once configured it is solid.)  Thanks for the details in this thread I have this one up and running in very little time.  Loving MB so far!!

sveakul

Welcome to the forum Glamrlama!  I'm glad that you found this thread helpful in setting up Classic Spectrum Analyzer.  I echo your comment that once configured this plugin is definitely solid.  My fave spectrum of all and the latency response is nearly real-time.  Not to mention the multitude of looks/effects available.

LoveMusic

Can't get it to work
MB version 3.2.6827
When i enable the plugin it says
"unable to initialise this plugin: Dll entry point: Initialise was not found"
pls help me  

a newbie

sveakul

Hi LoveMusic:  Don't try to add/enable this visualization plugin via the Plugins/Add Plugin dialog;  if you did, uninstall it, so it doesn't show up in the Plugins panel.  Then, let's start clean:

1.  Go to the MusicBee/Plugins folder in Windows File Manager/Windows Explorer and delete, if still present, vis_classic.ini, vis_classic.dll, and vis_classic subfolder.  Then, restart MusicBee.

2.  Exit MusicBee.  From the original vis_classic10.exe installer, use 7-Zip to extract the same components again--vis_classic.ini, vis_classic.dll, and the vis_classic subfolder--directly into the MusicBee/Plugins folder.

3.  Start MusicBee;  in the menu View-->Visualiser, the choice "classic" should appear.  Select it.  Now you can place it using the Arrange Panels/Available Elements dialog, where it will appear as "visualiser:graphic" in the selectable elements box.  It will not appear at all in the Preferences/Plugins panel.

Then experiment with its settings as described in the above thread.

Blowout

Svaekul, can you tell me how to adjust the size? I've edited the colors and effets to my liking but the size is very big. Also musicbee is crashing, is this a common problem or I've done something wrong

EDIT: I've done it. You can resize if you choose one of the default visualizers, then switch back to the modified and it stays the same size.
Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:09:05 PM by Blowout