Author Topic: Winamp "Classic Spectrum Analyzer" plugin with MusicBee  (Read 72305 times)

zkhcohen

I want to add a request in the Wishlist thread for Steven to "change the key-binding in the Visualize:Graphics panel" as you mentioned, but can you go into more detail please so he'll know exactly what action I am requesting?  Then I will so post.

"Please restrict the built-in right-click menu (for switching between visualizers) on the Visualizer:Graphics panel add-in to the Header bar, instead of the entire panel-area. In its current implementation, the right-click menu is at best, unreliable, and at worst, causes crashes with certain visualizers."

sveakul

Hey, Steven fixed the binding and now you can call up the Options GUI with a right-click!!  And make changes realtime!!

Thanks zkhcohen for working the problem and determining the issue, and to Steven for applying the fix!  Everyone should now update their MusicBee here: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

This thing works like a BEAST now, come one, come all, grab the download from the first post!
Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 11:18:44 PM by sveakul

Mr. Trev

Indeed, works great. I did have an issue initially where the plugin would crash MB. I had the visualizer stacked with lyrics on the right side bar. Milkdrop visualizer worked fine, but as soon as I tried switching to this vis., MB would crash. I unstacked the visualizer and placed it under lyrics and it seems to work OK now.
Just too bad we can't have 2 visualizers running at the same time - I miss Milkdrop ;)

zkhcohen

Hey, Steven fixed the binding and now you can call up the Options GUI with a right-click!!  And make changes realtime!!

Thanks zkhcohen for working the problem and determining the issue, and to Steven for applying the fix!  Everyone should now update their MusicBee here: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

This thing works like a BEAST now, come one, come all, grab the download from the first post!

Awesome. Glad to hear this got resolved.

KangNi

This is AWESOME !  :)  Thank you! Thank you all!

Now I (supposing others too) would be pleased very much if we could care on this "problem" here:

EXTERNAL VISUALIZER + EMBEDDED VISUALIZER
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=25552.msg146528#msg146528

Greetings
Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:03:14 PM by KangNi

Daiman2020

1.   First put the exe into some non-MusicBee folder, then use 7-Zip to extract it;   it will extract it as a folder named vis_classic10;
2.   Inside that extracted folder you'll find a subfolder "Plugins".  Inside THAT folder, you'll find 2 files and another folder:  vis_classic.dll, vis_classic.ini, and the folder vis_classic;
3.  Copy those 3 items--vis_classic.dll, vis_classic.ini, and the folder vis_classic--into MusicBee's own Plugins folder.  It should then show up in the choice of visualisers after restarting MusicBee.
I would recommend copying either my or KangNi's settings in the posts above so you've got a starting point for future tuning to your own preferences.
If you have more questions, feel free to post them.  Enjoy!

I did not copy any settings from KangNi's nor sveakul,  just try to see if the app will run, so far i can't see anything. i'm testing it on portable version, would anyone help.

phred

• Global Moderator
I did not copy any settings from KangNi's nor sveakul,  just try to see if the app will run, so far i can't see anything. i'm testing it on portable version, would anyone help.
What's the point of saying it's not working if you didn't follow the instructions? Sveakul clearly stated to copy his settings. Yes, he -recommends- using his settings, but if it's not working, why ask for help until you -try- his settings. Then if it still doesn't work, ask for help.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

I did not copy any settings from KangNi's nor sveakul,  just try to see if the app will run, so far i can't see anything. i'm testing it on portable version, would anyone help.

After you performed the install instructions you quoted, what did you do next?  In Panels Configuration/Available Elements, the selection "visualiser: graphic" should appear.  Grab that selection and drag it left to Bottom Panel or Right Sidebar for example.  Then the "Visualiser" panel header/window should show up where you put it.  Populate it with the spectrum analyzer by choosing its name "classic" from the View/Visualiser menu as shown below.  Then right-click the window for a "Properties" GUI where you can adjust the settings without manually editing the ini.  You will need to be using a recent version of MusicBee (3.3.7049.40483+) for this.  Here it's working like a charm with MusicBee 3.3.7424 Portable, Windows 10 1909 x64.  Rock stable.

Daiman2020

I did not copy any settings from KangNi's nor sveakul,  just try to see if the app will run, so far i can't see anything. i'm testing it on portable version, would anyone help.
What's the point of saying it's not working if you didn't follow the instructions? Sveakul clearly stated to copy his settings. Yes, he -recommends- using his settings, but if it's not working, why ask for help until you -try- his settings. Then if it still doesn't work, ask for help.

Cuz i though that will come later on for cuztomization purposes not as required to get it work, but thanks to point it out.

Daiman2020

After you performed the install instructions you quoted, what did you do next?  In Panels Configuration/Available Elements, the selection "visualiser: graphic" should appear.  Grab that selection and drag it left to Bottom Panel or Right Sidebar for example.  Then the "Visualiser" panel header/window should show up where you put it.  Populate it with the spectrum analyzer by choosing its name "classic" from the View/Visualiser menu as shown below.  Then right-click the window for a "Properties" GUI where you can adjust the settings without manually editing the ini.  You will need to be using a recent version of MusicBee (3.3.7049.40483+) for this.  Here it's working like a charm with MusicBee 3.3.7424 Portable, Windows 10 1909 x64.  Rock stable.

Thanks much Sveakul

It is working just as you have instructed, thanks alot   :)  :)  :)

sveakul

Thanks much Sveakul

It is working just as you have instructed, thanks alot   :)  :)  :)

Glad to hear it!  I love that thing.

JJZ NYC

So I first installed MB a few years ago and then life seriously got in the way...

Due to the unfortunate global situation we are all now living in, I am spending more time at home and have been using MB nonstop and like everyone else who has come before me - absolutely love it.

When Winamp was king, that was my go to player and I seriously missed the spectrum analyzer when it went away.

Thank you to Sveakul, KangNi and the others who have made my MB the way I like it.

I have been able to add the classic analyzer to my my main Music page in the bottom right corner in the Right Side Bar and it works flawlessly.

My question is about the Now Playing Layout.  Is there any way I can add the same analyzer to the same spot toward the bottom right either under or above the 'show track information panel'?  I have used the built in analyze on that page but after being able to use the old Winamp version, would like to use that here as well.

Thank you in advance,

JJZ NYC

sveakul

Glad you are enjoying the spectrum analyzer; from your post you're using it in the same location as I do.

Unfortunately, since the "Now Playing" panel uses its own distinct layout configuration, I don't think there's any way to add it there without a re-code by Steven.  I too would like to see it be an option for replacing the "stock" visualiser that is selectable from the Now Playing header menu.

sveakul

is it possible to make it smooth like foo_musical_spectrum https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odUeUmKDPVA

There's an almost endless amount of adjustments you can make to it via the Properties panel (right-click on display) and see the results in real-time:  FFT, fall-off rate, peak. motion type, latency, bar width, etc.  You just have to experiment.  BTW foo_musical_spectrum is a little different in that it is displaying musical note/tone amplitudes so the behavior will not be totally identical due to how the bands are set up.