Author Topic: Miniplayer keeps crashing when playing FLAC files from my NAS  (Read 1772 times)

ian_tank

I have been using MusicBee for many years and it has become by far my favorite player. I am using it mostly to listen to music while I'm streaming to Twitch. For this purpose I always switched MusicBee to "miniplayer" mode which is shown on stream.

For some reason when I do this now with the 3.1.x version, MusicBee keeps crashing (Process MusicBee is not reacting) and a small loop of sound from the last plaayed song infinitely repeats.

With MusicBee 2.5.x I did not have this problem so I would like to downgrade since I cannot use 3.1.x with this problem. Any idea why this happens in miniplayer mode, but never in full player mode? It does not happen immediately when I switch to miniplayer, but rather after what I'd estimate is 10-30 minutes.
Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:40:17 AM by ian_tank

Steven

• Administrator
i have no idea what the issue would be and trying myself for a few hours no issues with the mini-player.

This is the v2.5 link:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBeeSetup_2_5_update1.zip

khocking

I have the same issue (but playing MP3 files) from a network drive.  I have v3.1.6512.  No error log has been produced but if it helps, I could include my settings.ini file.  I don't see  the ability to attach a file and it is several hundred lines long. 

ian_tank

Is there an installation-free version available for download? Or is it unproblematic to have both versions of MusicBee installed in parallel?

Steven

• Administrator
i vaguely recall someone else was getting random crashing and it turned out it was his security software, so you could try whitelisting musicbee in that application