Author Topic: Disc-Track# Display  (Read 2077 times)

Varick

I'm still working out all the things in this great program.  However, is there a way to list the track numbers in the album by the iTunes does it as "3 of 15" instead of "1-3?"

Reason:  Throughout the years, I can't tell you how many times after uploading a new CD, Upgrading a new operating system, etc, I have ONLY found I'm missing a track to an album (especially if it's the last track of an album) because I see that it ends with track "14 of 15."  To which I then ask, "hmmm, where is track 15?  If it just states 1-14, I have no way of knowing if there are only 14, 15, 16 or 20 tracks on the album the way it is now.

It also helps to find said missing track when you are looking at a play list sorted by "Artist" and ex: only ONE track on that album is "Mark Knopfler with Van Morrison" and the rest of the tracks of the album is just "Mark Knopfler."

Thank you for your help

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Your best bet is probably a virtual tag, i.e. "<Track#> of <Track Count>". 
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

"3 of 15" instead of "1-3?"

Maybe you're not familiar with tag names. When iTunes shows disc number "1 of 2" and track number "3 of 4", each of those corresponds to "disc number" "disc count" "track number" "track count" in MB. So you could add those columns to the main panel if you want.

Varick

Yes, adding "Track Count" will probably work.  I'm going to try this virtual tag.  I'll post if I can get that.  Thank you.

V

Varick

So how does one set up (define) a virtual tag? 

V

Steven

• Administrator
So how does one set up (define) a virtual tag?  
see the wiki link in psychoadept's signature

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Reason:  Throughout the years, I can't tell you how many times after uploading a new CD, Upgrading a new operating system, etc, I have ONLY found I'm missing a track to an album (especially if it's the last track of an album) because I see that it ends with track "14 of 15."  To which I then ask, "hmmm, where is track 15?  If it just states 1-14, I have no way of knowing if there are only 14, 15, 16 or 20 tracks on the album the way it is now.
MB also has the Album Complete? field. 
If all your track and disc #'s are correctly tagged, it returns Y if all tracks are present or N if not.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together