Author Topic: more available columns for the column browser  (Read 2467 times)

hiccup

I wish for the possibility to display more (than the current 6) columns for the column browser.

Especially since:

- 'year' field columns, and other columns containing not so many characters can nowadays be dragged to a smaller size (making more space available for other columns)
- larger, and higher resolution displays are gaining ground
- having a plethora of tagging fields available in MusicBee

it would be very welcome to have at least 8 columns available.
Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:57:33 PM by hiccup

Twlf

+1

At the moment I have Genre category | Genre style | Grouping | Album Artist | (Album Year - Album - Album Rating) | Rating, had to cram 3 fields into a new custom one to make it work.  :)

And yeah, some essential fields take up very little space (year/decade, rating/album rating) like said above.

wasp

This has been mentioned in the forum, but I'm not sure if an official requested has been made.

The wish is to add 2 or 4 more columns to the column browser, for example I would like to use:

Genre, Album Artist, BPM, Year, Key, Grouping, Track Rating, Mood, Comments

This will particularly useful for people with very large libraries, that use tags extensively (and particularly useful for DJs)

hiccup

Sorry for the double thread  :-X

No problem, it's a known and accepted fact that MusicBee's forum search function is not a dangerous threat to GooOO00oOgle at the moment.

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.4 update I have increased the limit to 8