Author Topic: Image in Track Information  (Read 1988 times)

jorel

• Forever Young
Hi

I am new and 66 years young gosh I am struggling.

I have around 500 tracks some are albums some are single tracks.

I have Adele showing in track information as the image for all of my tracks and dont know how to get new images for my tracks.

In the Album artist column all is well and thumbnails show the correct artists..

Help please....
John

frankz

Your files are not tagged properly with art, and you have the Adele picture in the folder where your music is stored, so MusicBee thinks that picture is album art for all the tracks in the folder.  MusicBee automatically pulls down art for the artists in the Album Artist column, which is why those are not an issue.

The easiest way to get your music tagged properly is this:

1. Sort your music by Album Artist and then Album
2. Select all the tracks in the first album or the first single track
3. Right-Click and select "Auto Tag by Album"
4. Pick the proper album from the list.  They usually will not all be correct, so make sure you get the right one with the right artist and number of tracks. They usually will not all have art, so pick one with an image.
5. Make sure "Artwork" is selected at the center left, under the art.
6. You can check / overwrite your other tags at this point and update them as needed
7. Make sure all your tracks to be updated are selected at the bottom
8. Click "Apply Tags"

Now the artwork is embedded in the file, and the Adele image will be ignored for those tracks.

9. Move on to the next album or single track

There are tools like Album Art Downloader that will do this in a more automated way, but I've never used one and the more automated you get the more your risk things going wrong.  The method above lets you check and verify things before you update them and I prefer that.
Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:43:27 PM by frankz

frankz

Another method a fellow member just reminded me of, which is probably easier but does not give you the option to review / update your other tags at the same time:

1. View all your files
2. Tools -> Artwork -> Album Artwork Manager
3. Select the first album or single file
4. Right-Click in the "Artwork" pane at the center-right and select "Search Internet For Picture"
5. Pick the desired cover, make sure "embed the picture in the music file" is selected, and click "OK"
6. Move on to the next album or single file

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, it doesn't necessarily mean your files aren't currently tagged, but that could be part of it.  Also check Tags (1) preferences to see what postures you have configured to display.  If your files are not organized into one folder per album, make sure Embedded is at the to of the list, too.  Otherwise it may continue to use whatever artwork it finds in the folder.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)