Author Topic: Recommendations for HD Media Player?  (Read 3889 times)

Edwardorange1909

Hello Friends! I apologize ahead of time if I posted this in the wrong forum, this seemed the most appropriate.

I need a new media player for my TV. I have tried and quit Roku, I have tried WDHD Media player and quit it.
Which Media players allow media play from external Hard Drives?
Which Which Media player connects to home network via WiFi?
Do any of the media players allow direct streaming from my computer? Like if I am watching a film on my Laptop, can any of them let me stream that movie directly to the media player and my TV?
Which Media player offers full 1080p?
Which Media player has all the popular apps? Like Amazon Prime, Netflix, UFC TV.

Thank you so much for your help.

I have some KDLinks media player now, i can't even express how much this players sucks, the wifi router doesn't work, so i cant download any apps, so I couldn't watch my amazon prime. The interface is terrible, and on and on...

Thanks Folks.
Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 07:24:55 AM by Edwardorange1909
You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

frankz

Look at BluRay players with apps for the services you want.  I have an (old) LG that does all of these things, including playing files stored on my computer and thumb drives, and I'm sure things have only gotten more compatible in the 7 years since I bought it.

Mine is a LG BD570 if that helps.

zigzag10

Alternatively, get an Amazon Fire Tv box and install an app like Vimu Media Player or Kodi on it