Author Topic: Unable to convert to Ogg format  (Read 1898 times)

pgmunzi

With the lastest version 3.1.6512 i'm unable to convert flac to oggvorbis. in the log i can see:

16/11/2017 09:18:53 - Encode Z:\Multimedia\Musica\+ Taylor Swift\+ Reputation\01 ...Ready For It.flac
16/11/2017 09:18:53 - No output file was produced: check the encoding command line parameters which may be incorrectly configured in the File Converter preferences

but i i try to execute via command prompt the command:

OggEnc2.exe -q 7 -o test.ogg "Z:\Multimedia\Musica\+ Taylor Swift\+ Reputation\01 ...Ready For It.flac"

the file is created.

PS
If i try to reset the configuration in File converters tab it the parameter to -q 7 - -o [outputfile] with a "-" that i think is an error because using command line give me an error.

Piergiorgio

mhutt

Hi,
  I had the same problem. In the File Converter section it had an extra -p 4.
Using reset removed these, and the files are now converting.

Edit Preferences (under 3 dashes top left) > File Converters
Ogg Enabled has "-q 0 -p 4 - -o [outputfile]" doing the reset next to Ogg enabled then gives "-q 0 - -o [outputfile]"

Hope it helps someone else.

sveakul

Hi,
  I had the same problem. In the File Converter section it had an extra -p 4.
Using reset removed these, and the files are now converting.

Edit Preferences (under 3 dashes top left) > File Converters
Ogg Enabled has "-q 0 -p 4 - -o [outputfile]" doing the reset next to Ogg enabled then gives "-q 0 - -o [outputfile]"

Hope it helps someone else.

FWIW, in my File Converters section under Ogg, the out-of-the-box options do not include -p 4.  "-p" (as opposed to -P) is not a valid oggenc2.exe option.  Opening a command window and running oggenc2.exe -h will show you a list of all available encoding options.