Author Topic: Error Installing new Skins  (Read 1461 times)

Indy Kid

I dragged a .xml file to the skins folder and i get this error when Musicbee restarts after selecting that skin in the menu. Please help....

Error Log:

11/12/2017 1:57:57 PM - Unable to load dependency: Crimson - The system cannot find the file specified. [C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Skins\Dark-Fine Tuned\Crimson.xml]
11/12/2017 1:57:57 PM - 10.0.16299.0 - 3.1.6512.37408 - System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=qSgZThXvv6V8cAgU0WiNaMilWmMKpN2_KMl54KF6_IK8=' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qSgZThXvv6V8cAgU0WiNaMilWmMKpN2_KMl54KF6_IK8=..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #=qSgZThXvv6V8cAgU0WiNaMilWmMKpN2_KMl54KF6_IK8=..ctor(Boolean #=q6Phh3Tr1AXUx7yTrZslVtA==, Boolean #=qyQNeroDuQwILJ8QAAgPUSTnfgqgo0eXyMhTVW8_O1cE=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qvhOuBKLbEaYOHGx6dywTwQ==(String[] #=qH2Xejvr$DkdeYGFMPnljUw==)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
The skin you are trying to use depends on the information in the Crimson skin xml.
You need to move the new skin into the MusicBee\Skins\Dark-Fine Tuned folder.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Indy Kid

I have already tried moving .xml files to the Dark Fine Tuned folder. I'm still getting Musicbee startup error.
Skins i'm trying to move are Kandinsky Dark.xml and Raw Sienna.xml.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Raw Sienna was part of the old 3.0 version of Dark-Fine Tuned skins. It wont work with the new 3.1 version.
You would need to have the old Crimson skin and Raw Sienna together in the same folder for them to work, and even if you put them in the new Dark-Fine Tuned folder, they wont be updated to the new look.

Kandinsky Dark is not dependant on any other skin, so as long as you put it in the Skins folder (or any single sub-folder of the Skins folder) it should work.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

"Christine" skin of Dark Fine-Tuned 3.1 has almost the same color as Raw Sienna of 3.0.

See: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7805.0