Author Topic: Can't connect to remote speakers or stereo  (Read 17231 times)

blueriver

I've uploaded but when I copy and paste link in pm to Steven get error that the message has no content.

blueriver

I need help sending the link I have uploaded to Steven.  Thanks.

blueriver

Keep getting error message "Message body left empty" after pasting link and pressing send.  Help please.

blueriver

How do I send the link to Steven.  I have it uploaded to Google Drive.  How to send it to Steven???

phred

• Global Moderator
If you keep asking the same question, over and over, every few hours, you're going to get ignored. Which is what I'm doing. Other than to suggest you calm down and wait patiently for a response.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

The OP looks simply trying to respond to Steven's request. How long does the person have to wait to get a response from a moderator?

Steven

• Administrator
How do I send the link to Steven.  I have it uploaded to Google Drive.  How to send it to Steven???
post the hyper-link here or send me a personal message with the hyper-link

phred

• Global Moderator
The OP looks simply trying to respond to Steven's request. How long does the person have to wait to get a response from a moderator?
Where does it say a moderator is the only one who can answer? It's not like we sit here looking at the forum 24/7. I can throw it back to you and ask the same thing.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

Here. You said you were ignoring the OP. You didn't say you can't help.

If you keep asking the same question, over and over, every few hours, you're going to get ignored. Which is what I'm doing. Other than to suggest you calm down and wait patiently for a response.

phred

• Global Moderator
I was simply offering my advice as a fellow forum member, to the OP that it wasn't necessary (nor good etiquette) to ask the same question every hour or so.  It has nothing to do with being a moderator.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

OK, but most people would take it one from a mod. I think that's why other users gave no advice to the OP until Steven replied.

redwing

Keep getting error message "Message body left empty" after pasting link and pressing send.

It could be about your browser or browser add-ons. I'd suggest trying with another browser.

blueriver

Thanks to redwing for your help. I tried different browser and was able to send pm to Steven.  A simple solution to my being able to send message.  Nice to have such positive advice.  Cheers to you!

Steven

• Administrator
according to the settings file you sent, you are using DirectSound as the output method ie. dont have the winamp output plugin (emilles's plugin) active.
In the Player preferences panel, you need to change from DirectSound and select the plugin.
If you are using the debug version of MB is sent, it should log some data to the end of the error log (help/ support/ view error log) when you select the plugin.
Send me that text

hiccup

I was simply offering my advice as a fellow forum member, to the OP that it wasn't necessary (nor good etiquette) to ask the same question every hour or so.  It has nothing to do with being a moderator.

I was trying to bite my tongue, but that hurts.

What a very silly notion that no experienced and supportive member (moderator or not) would be allowed to correct or educate a new forum member such as blueriver that thinks his issue is so important that it is perfectly o.k. to posts six similar messages within six hours.
Even if the choice of words in the reply from the experienced forum member expresses some slight and stricktly personal irritation.
(After he had first responded with a helpful suggestion before that)

This criticism on the 'correctional reply' from phred is insulting to both phred, and to MusicBee's moderators in general.

I'm categorizing it as some sort of ego-driven trolling, and I don't think it belongs in this forum.