Author Topic: Send to: Active Playlist  (Read 1574 times)

starionx

I am trying to add songs from the library to the active playlist using a keyboard shortcut, but for the life of me, I can't work out how to do it.

If I'm in the library tab, highlight the song I want to add and then press the shortcut key, I get a list of playlists to choose from (obviously not what I want). From the shortcut title (Send to: Active playlist), it would seem that you have to have the playlist tab 'active', but if I do that, I can no longer see the library tab to select the song I want. It's all rather counter intuitive.

What am I doing wrong?

redwing

It's supposed to add the playing track to the active playlist, but the functionality seems broken.

@Steven;

It adds selected tracks rather than playing track to the playlist if I select a playlist when prompted. Also in a tab with no selected files, it adds entire tracks in the tab to the selected playlist. And in a tab with a playlist, it adds selected files from the previous tab instead of the playing track to the playlist.
Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 12:15:48 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
The current behavior is to consider the "active playlist" the playlist in the current tab and if the current tab is not a playlist then prompt.
So the definition is not what you expected.
It sends the selected files not the playing file, so the wording on the hotkey needs clarification and perhaps another hotkey needed.

Feel free to comment further and i will give this further consideration

redwing

Then it has changed to something else from its original functionality: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18976.0
I thought the value of the shortcut is when you come across a good song playing, you can instantly add it to your favorite playlist.
Adding selected files to a playlist can already be achieved in various ways.
Anyway, I still don't understand why it adds whole tracks in the current tab to the playlist when no files is selected.

Steven

• Administrator
perhaps i didn't describe it will in yesterday's post but https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18976.0 is exactly how its implemented.
I will definitely add a new separate hotkey for the playing track.
The last point about sending all files if none is selected is probably an oversight

Steven

• Administrator
for v3.2 i have added a new hotkey to send the playing track to the "active playlist" which is still defined as the playlist displayed in the main panel
and corrected the selection so all files are no longer selected when none is selected